1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i come out as Bi

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kershaw1, Jul 25, 2020.

1. kershaw1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    How do i come out as Bi

I have Bi GF. I previous tried but tracked it. I was scared of tracking my straightness and how she would see me. i was scared it would change everything between us and lose her. so i suppressed it again and forgot until it came back repeatedly.

I have only just acknowledged it to myself after years and know can be attracted to wider range of guys now, not just fem/girly guys. im not suppressing it anymore, well occasionally, but on the whole im not anymore. im still trying to accept it thou.

How i come out to her as Bi, any tips or way to make it less bad

Bisurprise likes this.
  2. Joelle b

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You are saying that the girlfriend is bi as well? Then you shouldn’t have a problem tell her that (ok, other then nerves, which are normal) If she is bi then there is no reason she will get the wrong ideas. It’s probably best to tell her matter a factly and stuff and she should be happy for you. Maybe drink a cup of coffee if get something to build up nerves and just blurt it out. No harm done❤️.

Bisurprise likes this.
  3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! First off, congratulations on starting on the journey of coming out to yourself. That's a pretty big step. :slight_smile:

If you have only just acknowledged it to yourself that you are bi, your current thoughts and fears on coming out to your girlfriend, are likely still rooted in your inner fears of the what ifs. Internalised homophobia can and still plays a role in how you perceive others' reactions and acceptance, even if they themselves are likely to be accepting and supportive.

You already know that your girlfriend is probably the best person to come out to; coming out to her shouldn't change your relationship at this point. The first question to find an answer to is: how ready do you feel of letting her know?

For some, they need to have fully accepted themselves first, before they are ready to come out to others, especially people who are close to them.