1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I ask my parents for a new video game console?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by GayNerd, Sep 21, 2013.

1. GayNerd

I think you do state a good point.

But, I don't want to risk waiting 3 months. There might not be any of this Bundle by then.

P.s. There isn't anything I have my eye on besides this.

Update: My brother's back from his Cross-Country Meet. He's in the shower, but at least he's home.

#21 GayNerd, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  2. Tyrael

Well the thing to keep in mind is that when the offer ends, these things will not disappear. They will still exist on the market and the prices will drop, so you may end up getting a better deal if you wait. People will use them and re-sell them cheaply. It's good to remember that. Nothing wrong with buying pre-owned.

Think of it like this, lots of people will be in your position. Dying to get their hands on it, begging their parents or whoever to buy them it. A few weeks or months down the line, they will get bored of it and they will end up selling it. That's where you come in, saving lots of money :slight_smile:

3. GayNerd

I highly doubt this. When I heard about the Red Wii coming out in early December of 2010, I knew I wanted it. I did get it for that Christmas. But once January hit, I never heard anything else about it.

4. Tyrael

I imagine that's because the next big thing was on the way. That's what usually happens. These hand-held consoles are short lived, they are replaced with newer models frequently. Something like the Xbox 360 and PS3 are good examples of "must have" things which last and the price does come down and they won't die out. Unlike the Red Wii.

You also stated you already have the game, so really all you're getting is the console with some shiny stickers?

5. GayNerd

It's also to prepare for getting future games. Plus, I believe there's more space on it.

6. Tyrael

If that's the case then you can wait till christmas and have it bought for you, that way you still get the up to date model with more space and you've not even had to pay for it :slight_smile: it's win-win.

7. GayNerd

I'm sorry. I can't wait that long. Besides, this was my 1 and only Ticket to getting interested in Video Games again.

8. Tyrael

Why can't you wait that long? It won't be any different when you get it. And why is it your one and only ticket?

9. GayNerd

I've lost my entire interest in Video Games. They seem boring now. I've tried playing my favorite games again, completing games 100%, and trying out new games. This updated version of "The Legend of Zelda: The Wink Waker" has got my attention. It's my favorite Zelda game.

10. Tyrael

Well it could be you're just growing out of them, losing interest. It happens. I'm still right into my gaming but I play on the Xbox and PC so there's a massive choice. If you've got your heart set on it then I guess go for it, who am I to tell you otherwise. I was just offering alternatives :slight_smile:

11. GayNerd

I would like to thank you for the alternatives you have suggested.

12. Tyrael

No worries. I hope you get what you want :slight_smile: good luck

13. GayNerd

14. GayNerd

Update: Now I need to convince my brother. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: At least I have ideas.

(Stares into distance for 10 seconds)

I just hope there would be enough time today to get this Bundle.