1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did you style yourself pre-transition?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Hamman2020, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Hamman2020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey all, hope every's doing okay in lockdown (I know I've been struggling a bit more lately). I'm a 22 year old male and gender curious, and I've been trying to make the most of out lockdown trying to explore my feminine side although this has been hard since it's still a heavy subject for me coming to terms with, and now only exploring it by myself.

As of late, I have been searching what woman I find attractive and other details ranging from hairstyles, make up, clothes ect. to find out what styles and gain more confidence and have a clearer idea how I'd present myself as a female. However, my knowledge about woman fashion and how girls choose to present themselves is obviously quite limited haha, so I'm still a bit lost when it comes to it. I think I now have more of an outline how I'd like to look, but wouldn't know how to present myself.

From this, I guess I'm appealing to current transitioned woman on here who maybe were also stuck how to style themselves. Particularly, are there any programmes or apps that help woman see how they'd look, such as editing hairstyles, make up, clothing etc, because something like that would really help me.

I also need to add I'm not thinking of physically presenting myself at all right now, so no live make up or dressing at all, but just helping to imagine how I'd look as a woman. Thanks a lot for reading!

2. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I styled myself in semi-feminine way before I came out, even when I was with my ex, I wasn't exactly overtly masculine in my style. Before coming out, the last time I'd gotten men's jeans was when my mother was with me and had asked if i needed anything, and i said "Pants". Women's jeans simply fit me better, both my slight frame and my style.
    For tops, I would wear a lot of women's tanks.
    I not once began to wonder if I was trans until after my ex had left me. Even so, my style was still feminine.
    My Hair I would always have longer, and pulled back.

#2 Phoenix92, Apr 18, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  3. NoName87

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Depending on your income: binge on amazon. Make up, clothes, pads whatever. Find out some styles you like and practice!

Apps: Download apps that can help you visualize your look. Just be careful not to get caught up in a highly filtered version of what you want to look like. The face app is a good one and can help with make up and hairstyles.