1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did you meet your boyfriend/girlfriend?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by heartrick, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dating app.

2 years now.

2. Gamo170

Gamo170 Guest

I had completely given up on dating when I met my now fiancé. I had not long finished Uni and I had gone back to help out with some stuff there to earn a bit of money while looking for a job and there he was a fresh faced 1st year (Only 4 years younger then me and over 18 before anyone questions) and we just connected. Wasn't long before we were chatting daily and everything went from there :slight_smile: Been with him for 4 years now, just buying our first little flat together and engaged and looking to get married in a couple of years time :slight_smile:

3. Beriq262

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    We've met in highschool, we were classmates and had a rivalry over who got the best grades and stuff. We kind of hated each other but at the same time we treated ourselves as friends. Back then I didn't had any interest on him nor thought about being with a man, but a few years later we went to the same college (and took the same major as well) and got to met each other better. He came out to me and I was extremely confused, but after some deep talks and getting to know each other personally and not only as school mates, it turned out we had more in common that we thought and got along pretty well. We dated for some time and tried a formal relationship that didn't work out pretty well (because I was coufused and had the thought of "how can I be with a guy if I haven't ever been with a girl?" Or "maybe I should try dating girls first before committing in a relationship with a guy") but after a few months later and figuring out what I really wanted, I was the one who asked him to start dating again and we've been together since, we love each other more than ever :couple_mm:

4. Wan2Luv

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    What a cool story! Did you know each other were gay at the time?

5. Emo Gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    i met my boyfriend during the first meeting of Pride i went to at my college. we didn’t start dating until last month, but we had been friends for a year. i’ll tell the story of how we got together bc i don’t remember exactly how we met.

a friend was venting in the pride club group chat about their crush not liking them back. i jumped in, at the time not thinking he liked me back. i gave the biggest hint ever about who it was. i was gonna hang out with a few friends that night, and he was gonna be there. so my friends left us alone to talk about our feelings.
    him: so i’m sure you wanna know my opinion on it
    me: yes
    him: you know i have two crushes. well, you’re one of them

6. Chaosbi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I met my wife in my last semester of college. I majored in biology and psychology and I needed one last elective that didn't fall into those studies. I was taking some hard classes at the time and I just wanted an easy no brainer class, so I took intro to religious studies because I figured it be an easy read and regurgitate class. I like to sit in the back row because I have this thing about having people sitting behind me and she has the same hangup as I did and sat next to me. At the time I was in a relationship with this guy and she knew it, and I knew that she was still in a relationship with a Marine she had been dating who still had one year in the military before he got out and they moved somewhere together. So that made it complicated alone. Well the one guy she knew (I forgot how they knew each other) in the class knew that she had feelings for me and every time he saw her trying to talk to me he'd do everything in his power to pull her attention from me (later on he did the whole "I love you and want to be with you so you shouldn't be with her" thing after we had been dating for a while).

Well, we were giving the whole semester to go to two different religious event and write papers on them before the semester was over. I had been taking the class as a blow off class so I waited till the week before class ended to go to a gay friendly/non denomination christian church and I figured I would just pretend that I was Catholic and hit up the church I had gone to all my life. I didn't really want to go by myself to the unknown church and asked her if she wanted to go with me since I knew she hadn't done any of the assignment either. The Friday before going we were talking through IM and she confessed that she really liked me and wanted to do something together. I told her I'd think about it and reminded her that we both had boyfriends (I've dated a few women in the past so that wasn't a big deal). Fast forward to that Sunday, I awkwardly pick her up, we go to two different masses, and since we're having load of fun together we stop at McDonald's and go back to my place to watch hockey (My dad eventually came back from church and started watching it with us, which made it kind of awkward).

We both refer to that as our first date and a little while later we both broke up with our boyfriends and only started seeing each other. Her boyfriend was cool about it and left it at that. My boyfriend, well, lets just say I have had the WORST taste in men all my life, he stalked us, got into a confrontation with her at a concert where we had to call security, and eventually we had to get a restraining order on him. We spent the first 3-4 years dealing with him and said friend because he kept trying to get her to break up with me because he loved her and I was just using her and then he even started with the whole women shouldn't be with other women bs. Eventually they both gave up and just left our lives.

We have been together for 13 years and in 2016 we got married. I love her just as much today as I did when we first met and I wouldn't want anyone else.

7. Kevin k

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I noticed my boyfriend as a regular at mcdonald's, he would always sit alone, so one day I just asked if I could sit next to him. I didn't even know he was gay until he wore a pride shirt to one of our meet ups. From there our relationship got more romantic and we've been together ever since.

8. Joeri

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    at work. then it just happened.