1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did you meet your boyfriend/girlfriend?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by heartrick, Oct 12, 2018.

1. heartrick

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i love stories.

2. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Me too! Will be watching this thread. I'm a die hard romantic.

3. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I met my wife at work 15 years ago, we worked in different departments of a University.

However my favorite story is from a good friend of mine. He met his wife at a landfill he was working at.

4. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That sounds like a good one!

5. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I met my husband some twenty-odd years ago in a bar. I was there with an (already) ex. We were supposed to go out dancing that night and we were having drinks with friends first. It's a little ridiculous but we did sort of see each other across a crowded room and, while I had never seen him before, there was this sort of shock of recognition. Once he caught me staring he had that sort of look you get when you run into someone you know somewhere you didn't expect them. But we didn't actually know each other so we just kept stealing glances.

One of my friends noticed me staring and made a rather lascivious comment about my now-husband's butt (he's classically trained in ballet and it's rather impressive). Finally I guess that snapped me out of it. I went over to talk with him. We talked for several hours and then went back to his place. Yes, we slept together the night we met... oops. The next morning he apologized for the fact that he wasn't available that day--he had this Easter brunch thing, it was a yearly thing, sort of formal, he hadn't RSVP'd a plus one, and well, it wasn't the sort of thing you could bring, well... "Someone you just met?" I volunteered. He agreed, and I, completely unaccountably offered "It's alright, you'll bring me next year." He looked at me, furrowed his brow, and said "I will, won't I?" What the hell is going on here?" I kind of shrugged--and, well, he did bring me to that party the next year. The year after that the host rather spectacularly and embarrassingly hit on me and we never went again. Anyway, we will have been together twenty-one years this coming Spring.

Oh, and that next morning when I finally got home I realized that I totally ditched my friend. I called to apologize and his response was perfect: "Are you kidding? I was there. I saw him. No excuse necessary." I guess that's why we've been friends for twenty-five years...

6. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    On a dating app- Boring, I know aha

7. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We met online. I was just looking to get through one date as I was fresh out of the closest. First guy I ever dated and here we are 4+ years later!

8. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He was, and still is my randomly assigned college roommate. We took a personality test used for roommate matching purposes like everyone else at our university does and it put us together as a good fit. I really have to thank whoever made that test, it doesn't get much better than having a boyfriend literally delivered to your apartment.

9. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is one of the coolest stories ever. So romantic. I hope I have a story like this.

10. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is so cool. It's stuff like this that makes me believe in destiny.

11. Barb

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually met my girlfriend years before we started dating and I have known her for a very long time! We met at a cosplay event about five years ago and just added each other on Facebook, once went to a cosplay gala together (because both our original 'dates' weren't going anymore) and then proceeded to be very, very casual friends for four years. We basically only spoke to each other at anime conventions when we would run into each other.

Four years later, I went to one of our mutual friends' birthday and she happened to be there too. We both didn't know anybody else there and ended up sticking together the entire evening, then continued talking through texts. We became very good friends and had some occasional sleepovers when I started crushing on her. She caught on weeks later and luckily ended up liking me back!

We were super awkward about actually starting to date, because we were already being very close and most certainly into each other, but both of us didn't dare to actually tell the other we liked them. Proceeded being awkward about it for a while before we finally became a couple and it has been amazing so far! We've been together for almost 10 months now.

12. smurf

Community College GSA.

I was the president of the group and was greeting people as they came in. This gorgeous guy came in on the phone and I was so annoyed because he kept coming in and out with phone calls.

After the meeting I went up to him to welcome him to the group and ask about the calls because I was curious. We ended up exchanging facebook contacts to hang out later. We met up at this secluded pier on a lake and spoke for hours. It was such a refreshing conversation, it felt like were just just in sync in every aspect of our lives and I just knew I wanted to meet this amazing man. And then a blew him in the car :slight_smile:

We actually spoke and decided to do a short-term relationship because we had plans to go to different colleges after we got out AA, but we liked each other too much to not spend time with each other however little that might be. We just happened to never break up through it all haha it was a happy accident.

13. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I met my ex wife on a blind date. My best mate and my ex's best mate got together. A few weeks later we went on a double date together. The other couple only lasted a couple of years . BUT no one knows even till this day that me and my best mate had a three year gay relationship.....And this is the truth I swear on my kids lives .
    I think he's a closeted bisexual and I'm an outed gay ....

14. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow. This sounds really complicated.

15. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I suppose it was but I'm looking for a simple life now. My best mate and I had finished our relationship for about three yrs, so we didn't feel guilty about our past gay love. I still talk to him on Facebook but would never go back with him...

16. Mahidevran

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    at work. at first he didn't know I actually knew English :grin:

17. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We were in the same soccer league when we were around eleven and I hated his guts! He was the best player and would always score so many goals against my team. We were friendly rivals growing up, and in highschool we became pals. We even skipped prom together to go laser tagging :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Turns out we'd both had a crush on each other since ever we'd met. He asked me out the summer after we graduated and we've been going out two and half years now :slight_smile:

#17 Batman, Dec 9, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  18. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    On the Internet. I wrote something about my struggles coming out to people, and he messaged me about it. After that, we never stopped talking and we became really close. Our relationship changed really gradually from a friendship to a romance without us really realizing it. The next thing I knew it he was calling me his girlfriend and I had no objections.

19. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok, this is adorable. Not going to lie.

20. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mine started off pretty normal. We met on a dating app, hit it off right away (I opened by asking him how chicken testicles tastes like- it was something he mentioned on his bio) and by the end of the 3rd day of chatting we were sending each other paragraphs of messages (it was so long I had to type out my reply on a word doc before emailing it to myself to send to him) XDXD

Exchanged numbers at the end of the week (the dating app we used has a 7 day chatroom thing, where it closes after 7 days), and maybe a week later we met up in person. He came over to my place and we basically hugged and patted each other the entire evening XDXD While sending him to the train station, to a response to something he said, I sarcastically said "Oh, bite me." And his very cheeky reply was, "Only if you want me to."

Fast forward to the next week, he came over to the outdoor garden at my place, and while feeling me up and literally nibbling my ear, we basically confessed to each other XDXD We've been together for about 7 months now, and I swear he's my soulmate, no matter how corny that is. (Thankfully my friends and family are really supportive of our relationship and like him pretty much. I was worried at first, since he's actually blind.)

I've made a couple jokes about it before, but people say love is blind...and in our case- literally.