1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Can I Stop Periods Forever?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Foxfeather, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm going to start a new healthcare provider and I was wondering how to go about ending my periods forever. I'm willing to do anything, take birth control nonstop, get shots, get surgery, etc. I just need to know what is the best and least intrusive/dangerous method to permanently stop periods. Preferably without requiring me to take shots/birth control continuously. I just want a permanent solution that lasts.

I'm very queasy about inserting anything you-know-where and I might very well cut everything out someday. I'd be thrilled to know that I do not have a uterus.

I just don't know how to go about with this process. There's infomration out there but it's insufficient and i need help from someone who has gone thorugh this themselves. I don't plan on every going on testosterone, so I need some kind of other medical procedures to permanently end periods for my sanity's sake. I literally want to throw up and die everytime I think about it.

2. Wesley007

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hysterectomy sounds up your alley but you need to discuss this with your care provider.
    They may not want to do this however unless there is an actual need or because of whatever age you are. I will reply further when I get up. See you later.

#2 Wesley007, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  3. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like Wesley said, hysterectomy is the only way to permanently make sure it stops forever without needing to take birth control every day. However once you have a hysterectomy you'll be strongly advised to be on hormone replacement therapy whether that be oestrogen or testosterone as your body won't be producing hormones. You'll also go through menopause and this can greatly affect your mood and some people are put on antidepressants during this time. I'd greatly advise you to read up on it.

Personally I went on the progesterone only mini pill before I got on testosterone that you have to take daily at the same time but it stopped it for a year and it helped my dysphoria immensely. There's also a coil that can stop it but I don't know if it's inserted in your arm or elsewhere. Anything progesterone only is more likely to stop it than oestrogen centred things.

Wesley007 likes this.