1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Can I Get A Guy/Girl To Like Me If I Don't Even Like Myself?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by alwaysdreaming, Aug 31, 2013.

1. alwaysdreaming

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm a 13 year old girl and I'm going into 8th grade in a few days. Almost all of my friends have dated someone already and I just want someone to like me. I want to know what it's like to be in a relationship. I get really lonely when all of my friends are out doing stuff with their boyfriends and I'm just sitting around like "oh". The problem is that I don't really like myself. In fact, I've always hated myself. I have really bad depression, Anxiety, and social anxiety. I have been self-harming for almost a year. I have a friend who is the same way, and she's in a happy relationship with a really sweet guy who helps her through everything.
    I'm also kind of overweight (so is my friend). I'm 13 years old and about 175 lbs :frowning2: I've tried everything to loose weight and its just not working. None of the diets work. Last summer I lost some weight because I just decided to stop eating. But I gained it all back when I couldn't take it anymore. I get bullied a lot in school and I just wanna find someone who likes me... There's this one guy I've liked for about 7 years. We were really good friends in 1st-3rd grade, and we liked eachother at one point, but we hardly ever talk anymore. Advice pwease?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Probably none that you want to hear but here goes...

Dating at your age sucks! If nothing else because every little thing you do suddenly becomes common knowledge amongst everyone else and will eventually be used against you, and more importantly most teenagers are arseholes!

Diets don't work because even if you lose the weight you have to keep 'em off forever! I cut my servings of bread and bread related items down to 1 per day and that helped a bit, nothing massive but its better than nothing.

Have you spoken to anyone, parents, a doctor, whoever, about your depression or anything? If not, you should. I, and I'm sure many many other people on here have dealt with and are currently dealing with depression and anxiety and would be happy to help with it if we can!