1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I deepen my voice?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Cody18, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Cody18

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay I know when I’m on T my voice will deepen, however I don’t know what to do in the mean time. I’ve tried all the voice training stuff I can find and none of it works for me does anyone actually know any methods that work? Or a way to damage it in some way to make it deeper? Honestly I don’t care I just can’t deal with how it is right now so any help and advice would be appreciated, thank you.

2. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Idk either dude. I haven't even tried youtube searching it yet, cause i struggle enough just trying to move from denial to self acceptance. Listening to my voice talking sounds a bit more neutral than it does on camera. I can like naturally try to make it more neutral but idk how well that works. Never recorded myself doing it cause i only do it at work, cause sometimes it bothers me at work. Customers have yet to look at me odd for it though, so i guess that's a good sign? I legit don't know what it sounds like or what to do. But if i decided to start looking, i'd youtube it. If i were rich, i'd look into hiring a professional - aren't they called like voice coaches or speech therapists or something like that?

3. SomecallhimTim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In my experience teaching myself how to belt (a singing technique) deepened my voice. There are youtube videos on how if you want to try it.

4. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    don't try to force your voice, you will damage the vocal cords. I just started voice therapy this week, one thing the therapist said was this takes time, sometimes lots of time. and practice, homework, exercises, and commitment. for what its worth I know a few guys, cis guys with higher voices, like on the phone they get ma'amed all the time, lucky buggers from my point of view, some don't like it some don't mind.

5. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Here are some YouTube videos of how transguys have lowered their voices and you can tell they work if you just keep at it. You can't give up on it after a week or two, it'll take a couple months for your vocal chords to get used to the new pitch and stretch. Remember to try talking from your chest, not your throat so you have some vibration and that'll help too. Give it time man. Hope the links work, if not I'll post the name of the videos.

6. Resistant

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Speak low and slow without excitement. In manly manner. Don't over talk, say few words, take time to take a breath. Still better than nothing.