1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I communicate how I feel?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CactiCat, Mar 8, 2020.

1. CactiCat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So my boyfriend said something the other day that made me REALLY mad. I was completely livid. He told me a while ago that he thought he was bi but he was really frustrated because he wasn’t sure, and I was like it takes time don’t worry about it, I’ll support you through figuring it out because I’m bisexual and I know how hard it is to be questioning. Then the next day he said, and I quote, “I'm straight, but I want to be bi because it's not acceptable to be straight without getting hate these days.” I’m very happy he didn’t tell me that in person because I don’t think I would have been able to hide my anger. And I’m not one to get angry. He eventually was just like “I feel like I’ll be hated” which to me is really hard to understand but I’m trying my best to see where he’s coming from. Because I’ve had a harder time with hateful people since I’ve come out, it’s just difficult to think anyone could be hated for being straight. But I kinda see where he maybe would feel pressured to fit in because most of my friends are LGBT in some way or strong allies. Because this is something I do feel very strongly about, I do want to understand where he’s coming from and let him know that I disagree, but I don’t know how I would go about that. I don’t want it to sound like I’m angry at him. Also any other advise for communication? I’m not the best at words or expressing how I feel.

2. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would straight up ask him when is the last time he felt unsafe/threatened/insulted for being straight? If he doesn't have an answer to that (and even if he does) I would then probably proceed with a LONG list of people who were recently murdered, raped, jailed and sent to camps for being gay. Shed some light on the issue and what he said wasn't just stupid but actually quite insulting. Bisexual men, out of everyone in the community probably are amongst those who receive the most hate for their sexuality.

3. Nebulous

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thats crazy... “Straight” is the default setting in society. He should feel lucky to be in the most accepted sexual orientation group on earth.

4. CactiCat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Update: so I asked him why he thinks the way he does and I once again quote “I don’t know. It's just there is so much hate on homosexuals.” To which I asked him how that related to straight people and he said idk. So now I’m even more confused.