1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horror In The Brain

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by MoonKid, Apr 9, 2021.

1. MoonKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am a massive fan of horror and I like to think I've seen a lot of horror/psychologic films. I'm obsessed with 80s horror and the classics like Noseratu and works of Alfred Hitchcock,,, but I havn't seen anything real scary lately.!!

Give me some horror film recommendations that really gave you a scare!

2. ShyBirdy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I love horror movies, but you've probably seen all the ones I can think of. I love Alien/s and pretty much anything where monsters/animals/dinosaurs/aliens eat people.
    For some unusual titles: Raw (French film about 2 girls w/ hereditary canniblism) It Follows (sexually transmitted demon) Akira (80's anime) Hereditary was pretty freaky. Annihalation with Natalie Portman is also freaky and surreal, and the book series it's based on is really cool too.

3. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Probably the most scared I have been watching a movie. Midsommer, by the same director, is probably my favourite movie ever.

Not sure if they are more thriller or horror, but I also love The Lodge (2019) and Killing of a Sacred Deer

4. Vega222

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know if they're scary enough. But I rally enjoyed two applauded Japanese horror films. Onibaba (seemed to me it is inspired by Psycho) and especially Kwaidan from legendary director Masaki Kobayashi.
    Also another one, an animation called Perfect Blue, I don't remember how much it was scary, but one of the absolute best movies I have ever seen. I surprised to see it seemed like Black Swan was inspired by it!

But after noticing your age, I'd say only Kwaidan may be fine for your age. Onibaba and Perfect Blue not sure.

PS All are Japanese.

#4 Vega222, Apr 10, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  5. MoonKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've seen a couple of them but I got really excited when you said Akira!! I have really never met anyone else who has seen it :joy: it's amazing!!