1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honestly, how do you feel about death?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by g013z, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When it happens, then it happens.

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know everybody dies, and relatively at peace with that. I'm not afraid of death or what it will cause - but I am afraid of how I will die.

3. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Death, in my personal opinion, is the end of existence for that individual, although whether I'm right or not is something I will only know when I die and if I'm right then I'll never know that I'm right.

Dying, however, is something I don't plan on doing for a long time yet. I'm only 30, I want another 70 years at least if I can, and I'm quite optimistic of the chances that life extension technologies will be available within my lifetime that enable me to live far past 100.

4. faultyink

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've actually thought a lot about death lately... Mainly because people keep dying. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Anyway, I believe that people go to heaven (I think the main reason I believe this is because I really, really want to believe we go to a better place. I also can't believe that death is the end of everything.) I used to believe in reincarnation, but I don't think that really happens now... Well, that's what I believe!!

5. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm kinda excited. And what I mean is that when I die at an old age and in a peaceful sleep, I wonder what it would feel like. Like it's ambiguous

6. lovetoomuch

To me, it will happen when it's meant to. It has always freaked me out how I am not more frightened by death. Trust me, I don't want to die or anything, but in my opinion, when it is my time to go, I will go.

I know people, including my dad, who fear going on planes or to foreign countries because they fear terrorism (which indirectly means they fear death). I refuse to stop living my life because I fear death. Don't get wrong, putting yourself in certain situations definitely increases your chances of death and you have to be careful... but I will never stop traveling or limiting my life because death scares me.

When it happens, I believe it is meant to happen.

7. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Sure it's a part of life but that doesn't scare me shitless nonetheless.

As an athiest, death scares the fuck out of me. The idea that everything I know and love can be (and likely will be) gone in an instant, is frighting.

Dammit you got me thinking about death before I go to sleep. lalalalala I can't here you!

8. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I partially accept the religious narrative, in as much as I believe there is a continuation beyond this life, and death marks the beginning of that continuation. How do I feel about that? Indifferent, really. I'm not going to waste this life anticipating death and whatever exists beyond it.

My greatest concern is to not leave a painful or messy situation for others when I depart this life and that's why I have a will, documented funeral plans and adequate life insurance to cover the costs.

9. shootingstar

shootingstar Guest

It's one of those inevitable things of life. Bt to me it also reinforces how precious life is and reminds me to appreciate and be thankful for each day and to do things that makes me happy.

10. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Death has always been the great mystery.... the Final Frontier if you will. My beliefs differ from most since I'm Wiccan and we believe in reincarnation. To me each life lived is like going from one grade to the next till you 'graduate' or ascend. It is impossible to learn everything there is in life in just one lifetime so we return to learn yet another lesson. I've never feared death. It's part of the cycle of birth, death and rebirth. As we say... Merry meet, merry part, merry meet again! Bright Blessings!

11. IamCasey

I am Christian and do not think it is the end either.
    And while I am here I do not want it sooner. I want to stay and have as much fun and experience as much as the world has to offer.

12. M3lani3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
  13. lliterallly

i have very severe depression, and that means i have a lot of suicidal thoughts. sometimes, i think im better off dead. however, i once had a dream where i died, and it really scared me, because when i died, i was still fully conscious. i still had my thoughts, but all i saw was dark. and i was stuck there forever. ever since then i've been really scared to die. it just rlly rlly fucked with me. ANYWAY sorry to get so so deep. these r my thoughts on death. B)