1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

His eye contact is driving me crazy.....

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by alilcutie, Jun 25, 2017.

1. alilcutie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi guys, a South Korean boy here. I'm so happy to find such a great forum! :slight_smile:
    I have a question and want you to share your stories about it.

Have you ever experienced that you assumed someone could be gay based on their gaze and it really turns out that they really are?

I go to a language exchange party every week in my country and I met a guy there. He is a neat, shy, cute Korean.
    I was drinking with other people and he came to our table with his friends, not talking, just watching what I and other people were talking.

And then I sensed his weird prolonged gaze.... What's so weird is that he and I didn't exchange a word until then. I looked away immediately and looked at him back to figure out if he was still staring at me, and yes. He was staring at me for a long time.

And I believe you guys also know this kind of stare... It was not a typical friendly stare showing someone is genuinely interested in you.
    It felt like he was uncovering me............
    I felt a bit shy.... And I thought that he could probably be gay and there could be something between us.

Literally every time I experienced this kind of gaze with several boys back in school, there was chemistry between us. One of the boys (from high school) once said to me, "I don't know why my heart pounds so much when I look at you".... He and I used to touch each other playfully and rub each other's hands and raise arms on shoulder and hair...... and kiss lightly on cheek and sit on thigh in front of other class mates. But we still acted like we weren't gay. "No homo". He also once said to our group chat that he was confused with his sexual identity....

Anyway...
    He and I started to talk and drink a little bit. Then I started to like him..... just because of his gaze.
    I know, it was first time seeing each other. Overanalyzing is not good. So what I did was saying that he should also come next week. And he said yes.

But he didn't come for 3 weeks.

Then he finally came. He was looking at me again with that gaze and greeted me with a big pretty cute smile... brushing his hand against my forearm. Like seriously, straight men don't do that.... Highfive or shaking hands right?....
    And we started to drink again. He was sitting next to me and we laughed a lot.... He put his arm on my shoulder and also touched my shoulder laughing hard. I leaned back and touched back....
    At the end of the party, we exchanged our numbers. I sent him a message that I hoped to see him next week again and he said that he couldn't be able to make it because of his work and would come the week after.

So I thought he wouldn't come next week. But he came.... It was one week ago.
    Entering the place, I didn't know he'd already come, so I took a seat. Then he approached behind me, this time touching my collarbone...

And I was late for the party for 40 minutes or so. Later I checked my phone and he'd sent me a message like 15 minutes ago, "You're not coming today?". Maybe he came because of me?.. Hm, I was not sure.

And we sat at the same table with a bunch of people together. Later he got caught staring at me with his eyes open big and he looked away so awkwardly back like he was not supposed to look at me.... He stared at me so many times and sometimes didn't even look away even when I caught him.

Like fuck. I WAS SO CONFUSED. I WAS GETTING NERVOUS. WHY IS HE DOING THAT?
    Does he like me? Or Does he just want to talk to me without any feelings? What is it?

Then he left for a while to drink with his friends, but came back after like 10 minutes to my table... I couldn't sit because I was extremely nervous...........I couldn't even talk with other people either, just because of him!!.... I'm not a shy person. I make friends everywhere and love to talk..... but his gaze.... I couldn't get it out of my head!!!!!!!

Later that day, he left earlier to drink more with his friends, because one of the was a foreigner and she was leaving Korea soon.

God... maybe you think I'm overreacting. But believe me, for me eyes say everything.
    Maybe he is just a shy guy who doesn't know how to start a conversation with other people (But he already made some friends at the party)? What do you think his gaze and physical contact mean? Do you have similar experiences?

Thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to hearing your stories!

#1 alilcutie, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  2. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Human have highly developed brain regions focused on recognizing when someone is looking at as or we are being watched. So I would say it's probably not abnormal to know a lot by the way people look at you even if you don't see them looking. I have been told by people that have never even seen me that they knew I was homosexual because of the way I speak. Not the sound of my voice, but my articulation patterns. Apparently they must have ultimate gay-dar that way.

3. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    He's thinking the same thing as you. "Why is he so shy? Does he like me or not??" You have his number. Use it.

4. alilcutie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    haha great... I hope his eye contact really means something!

5. alilcutie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    LOL I hope so. I was just extremely shy and would also avoid him whenever he was near me because I was getting too nervous.... his touch and gaze are excruciating me....lol

6. beagle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    hi alilcutie,

It's always good to get a sounding board here as beenthrdonethat said i would have had tunnel vision myself and wouldn't of thought of it that way.Maybe try some physical contact with him.

7. alilcutie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi beagel :slight_smile:
    thanks for your comment. Last time when I tried physical contact with him, I was drunk..... xD So shy to try it when sober! But I would definitely try.... so nervous!