1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Harleigh, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Harleigh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, I'm new here.

I'm in my 30s. I feel late to the party since it seems like a lot of people knew since they were kids. I always assumed I was straight until about 4 yrs ago when I started thinking I was asexual. I've come out to about 8 or 10 people. But in the last 6 months or so I've started thinking that maybe I'm into women. Every day I feel a little different. Some days I feel asexual, some days I think demisexual, some days bisexual, some days lesbian. I don't know! As for these more recent feelings, I've only talked to two people: my therapist (who is gay) and my ex-roomate (who is demi-bisexual). I'm hoping to meet some people and get some clarity from participating in this site. :slight_smile:

2. Lucy Marie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Welcome! You have landed at the perfect destination.
    There are so many here who have walked this path before you and now can share their wisdom.
    Some days I want a taco, some days an egg roll and on others a spinach salad. I am not minimizing anything just trying to demonstrate how people change from day to day on many levels. Sexuality is fluid as well, really. You don’t need to box your self in and cease personal growth. Be nicer to yourself.
    If you need a shoulder to cry on, ears to listen or claps of approval I am your gal—mama bear meets cheerleader.
    Finding this site and asking for help huge first step and you have done it.
    ((momhugs))

3. OliveToday

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Harleigh, I’m in my 30s and just now realizing I’m not straight, so I feel you! I think a lot of my desires were repressed from living in an emotionally unstable household. I got a taste of freedom and realized I might be bi, then landed right back with the parents thanks to Covid. Maybe we can figure this out together!

Lucy, your kindness really resonated with me! I hope I’m not imposing by asking if I could benefit from your wisdom as well!

Cheers,
    Olive

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    HI, and welcome to EC!

5. Lucy Marie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    What an amazing thing to hear; thank you! Olive you most certainly can be a friend of mine. I would love to get to know you better. I have to say though—I can offer support, but I have not walked that exact path. As I said above I am mama bear and cheerleader.
    As a Mom I cannot fathom not embracing my child for being who they are. I will always support—just ask if you need extra lift.
    It seems the virus took away a lot from you—your health, your sanity and your freedom. All of us are in the boat, but some need a life jacket too.
    Please wander around. Read other’s stories. Take your time EC is not going anyplace.
    ((momhugs))

6. OliveToday

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Th
    Thank you, Lucy, I appreciate this so much! I’m just reading other’s stories and it’s helping me think about who I am and what I want. It’s nice to be able to do this at my own pace. I’m glad I found EC.

Cheers,
    Olive

7. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi @Harleigh and welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

Discovering or realising your sexuality in your later twenties or much later is not as uncommon as you might assume. Take a look at the Later in Life sub forum and you will find lots of people who have been or ate in a similar situation, including myself.

I hope that you find EC to be helpful and supportive.

8. Harleigh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :blue_heart: Thanks.

9. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Harleigh.....Hello and a great big welcome to Empty Closets! There are quite a few subforums here on different topics. Check them out and then feel free to join in the conversations. We are glad that you have found us here on EC!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

10. Tymee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi I'm not sure if I can give you great advice but I can add my two cents. Consider me a friend.