1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by mowgl, Aug 13, 2020.

1. mowgl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    (im 26) i'm in the process of getting my life back on track. I've been out of work for the past year but I have a trial shift for a job on Monday. I bought a mirror and other bathroom/self care items (tooth paste, shaving stuff). I'm talking more with family and I feel I'm just growing up in my outlook of life. I look forward to spending my time not alone in my house. I am excited at the possibility of earning money. My dad thinks I could buy a new car by christmas! I never used to get excited at that prospect but now I think it would really help me feel like i'm getting something new and exciting.

Ive also been talking with my mum about moving out. the idea of moving out scares me but also kind of excites me that I'm starting to understand what is and isn't possible. I could afford it even though it'd be hard.

Overall I feel i am better understanding the value of money which means I want to work again and I don't want to go into self destructive behaviours like i did when I was younger.

I came out to my mum a few months ago. since then, I did go back into myself (i think due to my childhood best friend making homophobic remarks (he has no idea i'm lgbt) ) and I wasn't sure what i wanted and feel I suffer from internalised homophobia.

I signed up here because i know this place is LGBT friendly. I'm scared of talking about LGBT stuff because I feel so insecure about the whole thing. here I can read other peoples posts and just sort of introduce myself and be myself. I'm hoping one day i can meet someone who I click with. :wink:

:slight_smile: sorry for the essay :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi there & welcome to EC! Glad to hear your life is taking a positive turn :slight_smile: Hope EC can help with some of your internalized feelings :slight_smile:

3. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

Well done for all the positive changes that you’re making to your life and good luck for your trial shift next week!