1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Pkmixii, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Pkmixii

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello everyone! I’ve joined this forum in hopes of meeting some new friends - I’ve been out since I was 22, which was a year after I graduated, which meant I kind of missed the boat in meeting people like me. I have lovely friends now and I’m out to everyone (including my family in a kind of, open secret, don’t ask don’t tell kind of way) and I currently live with my girlfriend. But I’ve never really felt part of a community in terms of th LGBT community. I remember when I was in uni (and I went to three different universities and it was a common thing in each of them) and I was trying to come to terms with my sexuality, whenever I would join LGBT groups or social societies they always came across as incredibly cliquey (I remember once making the incredibly brave move of being the first person to talk and the girl slid her eyes over my shoulder directly to the clock - pretty shattering to be honest!)

Anyway, a little bit about me: late 20s living in England, I love tea and national trust properties and that’s about the extent of my personality haha. Can someone’s personality be defined by tea? I also like listening to podcasts, so any recommendations would be awesome.

Hopefully will meet a few new friends soon! :slight_smile:

2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

Do you like tea and national trust properties together? The usually have nice scones.

I’m sorry to hear about the negative experiences that you’ve had in the past. This is really friendly forum, so you should find some people to chat to.