1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi, this is my first day on this site

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Sophia04, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Sophia04

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm a highschool student who has been figuring out my sexuality this past year and have realized that I have nobody to talk to about any of it due to the fact that I'm not out yet so that is why I'm on this site. Does anybody have any ideas on how I could subtly hint to the people around me that I'm pansexual so I don't have to start the conversation myself? (I have no idea how to start conversations)

2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi @Sophia04 and welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

I hope you find the support you’re looking for and best of luck on your coming out journey.

3. Songful

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, Sophia04! I’m new here too, but welcome to the forum!

I don’t really have any advice other than to be patient with yourself and take your time coming out. Only tell people if you want to and you feel ready to do so. It’s nobody’s business otherwise.

Best wishes to you!

4. Skillet

Skillet Guest

Hi @Sophia04!

My name is Lou and I'm Pansexual too! In my experience it's best to figure out first whether your surroundings are supportive of your orientation. Only when you are independent and/or certain that your surroundings are supportive you can share without care. Safety first.
    When you're in that good spot I would start by opening up to one trusted friend. Depending on how that goes you can tell others around you. All at your own pace and in a way that is comfortable to you.

Good luck!

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Sophia and welcome to EC! It looks like you have already joined some discussions, fun threads and asked some advice. I hope the shared experiences and suggestions from members will help you to figure out a way forward.

Welcome aboard. :slight_smile: