1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi, My Name Is

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by CalebX, Dec 13, 2018.

1. CalebX

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, I'm Caleb and I'm totally gay!

It's nice to finally be able to think it, let alone write about it in a public forum. I've only told a few close friends, so I'm hoping posting here will give me the confidence to tell more people. I'd really like to just be done with the process of coming out but I'm still afraid of everyone knowing. And telling my parents... not really looking forward to that.

I'm finally accepting that I can go out and find a boyfriend, and now I really, really want to. Having had a couple short-lived relationships with women in the past, I'm looking forward to finally going out with someone I'm actually attracted to. I'm 29 so I think it's about time.

Other interests include listening to and playing music, reading, hiking, disc golf, and programming.

Anyway, hello again everyone! This seems like a great online community to be a part of.

2. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey @CalebX Welcome to EC :slight_smile:

It does feel great to be able to say it and gotta say loving the “totally gay” you’re owning it which is awesome. You will find a ton of support here for sure, a lot of us came out a little later than (I guess what we feel) is the average age. I came out when I was 28 so totally get it! And by the by disc golf is awesome, I totally suck but love it lol...

3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    CalebX.....Hello and a very big welcome to empty closest! There are a lot of great people here and now there is one more! I'm happy for you that you've found the courage to accept yourself...that's one of the first steps on the path to happiness and being and to love yourself. There are several sub-forums here on EC...check them out and then join in with the rest of us! We're so glad that you have found us!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

4. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome Caleb!
    This site will definitely help you on your journey of coming out.

I joined here a few years ago when I was 26, I was totally closeted and terrified of coming out to my friends and family.
    EC helped me sooo much to accept myself and to have the courage to come out.

I’m 29 now and out to everyone.

5. Biguyjosh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi and welcome

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello Caleb, welcome to the community. You have come a long way already and have taken important steps. I'm sure participating, sharing your experiences thus far, asking questions will help you to continue coming out and being yourself.

Welcome aboard.