1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi I'm a gay man who lives in a place where it's dangerous to come out

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Ryan91, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Ryan91

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi I'm RYAN I'm a gay man I'm 29 been in the closet all my life I live in a society where its dangerous to come out I live with my parents in a tough neighbourhood in UK and if anyone ever found out I don't think I could survive it because everyone thinks I'm straight even my own family do I'm absolutely scared I'm lonely I have no one to talk to about it my family are not the type to talk about there feelings so what do I do I could never say the words im gay too anyone in person it's physically impossible I'm trapped so that's me pouring my heart out

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ryan.....Hello and a great big LGBTQ+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: There are a number of sub-forums here on EC...why don't you check them out and then feel free to join in the conversations! I'm so sorry that you live in a place/family where you don't feel safe to come out. When I joined Empty Closets I was terrified that anyone in my family or the town that I lived in would find out that I am gay. For a full year after I came out here on EC my only LGBTQ+ contact was Empty Closets. When I finally did tell another person face-to-face it was my therapist. He lives in a town 150 miles away from my hometown and can not legally tell anyone anything I've told him without my permission. Nonetheless, I still was shaking and crying like a waterfall...it was so very difficult to say those three words "I am gay" to another person for the first time in my life. I kept that secret for a long time, I was 65 years old when I said those words! Ryan we will do our best to be a support and a place to vent when you need it! :old_big_grin: We are so glad that you have found us here on EC!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

3. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Ryan and welcome to EC,

I’m sorry to hear about your situation and you can talk about it here on EC. It’s understandable that you feel trapped and I hope you find the support you’re looking for here.

Would moving to a more accepting area or another town/city be an option for you?

4. Suitsme

Suitsme Guest

Hi Ryan I can well understand you because I’m in the UK and know of many areas where you literally are safer keeping quiet about sexuality if it’s anything other than straight.

That being said, I’m glad you have joined this forum because you’ll get the chance to express yourself in a place where likeminded folks are.

I’m sorry your family are the type who don’t discuss feelings. You must feel very alone. You’ll find friends here.

5. sojabohnenfeld

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Start by saying the words I'm gay to yourself in the shower maybe? I'm sorry you're in such a difficult spot.

6. Jake93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It’s not easy at first mate but it gets easier believe me. If you ever need to talk about how you feel just give me a message. Things will always work out in the end.