1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi from Texas

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Vic09, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Vic09

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey my name is Vic and I'm 29 years old. I identify as gay and have come out to my close friends and my immediate family except my dad. I came out to my family 3 years ago and it was difficult for them but it has taken time for them to get use to it. Moved from California to Texas and living with my sister and brother-in-law. My brother-in-law is accepting of me but my sister lives in denial still. She loves me but avoids any conversation of me being gay. I don't know how to make LGBTQ friends and the one's I have are a couple from college that have helped me when I was first accepting myself. I'm in this new town and don't know how to make LGBTQ friends without dating. I am not looking to date because I am in a middle of my biggest board exams of my life. Don't have the time to give someone right now and wouldn't be fair to them. Never downloaded any apps but most apps I've seen are for dating. Found this site and decided to find a community on the web.

2. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to Empty Closets! :slight_smile:

3. Mus1cGuy69

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi Vic welcome I'm new too

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Vic! It is good that you have joined. Congratulations on coming out to your family; it sounds like that they have come slowly around, and I'm sure that your sister will come around in time as well.

Making new (LGBTQ+) friends in a new city can be at times a bit more difficult; if you are living in a larger city, it is possible that there are some LGBTQ+ friendly social groups, or perhaps even LGBTQ+ support groups that could help you in getting to know some new friends.

I hope you will stay around; feel free to participate in conversations, and ask any questions that you might have. :slight_smile:

5. PatrickStr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Vic! Welcome to EC! I am new to the site as well. Making friends can be tough depending on your location. I have had some success with Meetup, but I mostly use it to find D&D groups. You may be able to use it to find some LGBTQ+ social events. EC seems like a very welcoming place, so you'll probably have some success here as well.

6. Emmareld

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello, and welcome to EC! :nerd: