1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi everyone

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by ThatRangerGirl, Dec 2, 2016.

1. ThatRangerGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Len suilon mellyn! Hi everyone, my name is Maya. I'm an 18 years old transgender girl, from Michigan USA. But many of you may already know me. In the past I was on this website (with the username Tinuneth) and I was quite active. I was going through a very rough time back then, and only half of it (albeit half) was due to being lgbt/coming out. My family wasn't (and isn't) accepting. I was afraid of losing the only friend I ever had (no longer my only friend, also didn't lose her, though out friendship was permanently marred) I was practically failing everything in school due to the stress of it all, I was struggling to sort out religous beliefs that dont coincide with my identity (still working in that)

Through all this stress I ended up attempting suicide 4 times, cutting myself at least weekly and stuff . . . The point of this though is that you guys, especially the admins and advisors, helped me through a lot of that stuff.

Today I am a different girl entirely. I present female in ways I wouldnt have thought possible. I consistently use the womans bathroom and never had an issue. If people ask my name, I tell them the truth and if they dont get it I repeat myself, and usually by the third time they get it. My family is still not at all accepting, but my parents are at least *trying* to be accepting. I'm even starting to pass in public (and thats without any hormones or anything.) My social life has setteled down (and grown), and I even have another trans friend. That last friendship I was so worried about I don't think is destined to last, but not because anything bad happened, just because we grew apart with time and age. On the one hand I am okay with this happening naturally, on the other it makes me cry to think about because she will always be the first friend I had (and the first person I came out to, and the reason I was comfortable coming out at all) not to mention my first love (Im still in love with her) but if this is the will of fate, so be it,

But I'm getting all distracted here.

In summary. My name is Maya, Im 18, and I used to be extremely active on this site. I was having a very hard time, both related to being trans and other things. Gradually over the last 18 months I became less and less active on this site. Since then I am doing worlds better, though their is still work to be done. This morning I remembered this site, and decided to come back, and see how the old website is doing, and if this time it can be my turn to spread the love, rather than just recieve it c:

Somethings about me (1) Im a devout Christian, who is kinds sorta Eastern Orthodox
    (2) You know that LOTR nerd of yours whos watched the movie a
    dozen times? His LOTR Nerd Status has been revoked, until he reads the silmarillion and learns basic Sindarin Elvish. I'm a Tolkien nerd of legendary proportions (Quenta Silmarillion,Ainulindale, Akalabeth, Valaquenta, of the rings of power and the third age, unfinished tales, Nar I Chin Hurin, The history of middle earth Volumes 1-12 . . . oh yeah I read LOTR and the Hobbit)
    (3) Im a budding anime nerd as well, though I'm only recently discovering it. That previously mentioned first friend, is obsessed with it, and she kinda introduced me, but im only recently starting to explore it on my own?\

(4) I'm a history nerd as well. I love all history, but I especially love, Military history, Japanese history, middle eastern history and of course Roman history.

(5) Despite suffering from depression, anxiety, and shyness, I'm really a peoples kinda girl, and I'd love to make some friendships here in a monitored environment where I feel safe

And I guess thats it.
    I'm glad to be back!
    Farewell, and well met

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello Maya! Welcome back to EC!:slight_smile: That's quite a story. I'm glad things are going much better for you now! Thanks for sharing your story.

3. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey Maya, you sound awesome! I wasn't in EC at the time that you were before, but I'm glad that things have taken a turn for the better in your life. That's some pretty inspirational stuff, particularly for me as a trans teen who's still in the closet. The fact that you made it through despite everything that happened is encouraging to say the least.

Welcome back to EC :slight_smile:

4. ThatRangerGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you! And it does get better, I believe. And not just being trans--all foul things will pass, before the end. Thank you for commenting. If you don't mind, I will friend request you.

5. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't mind at all, I'm happy to make new friends

6. Snoww

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation: