1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey there

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by grayman, Feb 9, 2019.

1. grayman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey everyone, greetings from Ohio. I wanted to come on this forum to talk about my sexuality with others and discuss sexuality in general. I am a bisexual man and have known so since I was about 16 or 17. I am still in the closet, with only one person knowing about my sexual orientation. I have for the most part always felt okay with who I am, and I'm mostly attracted to women, so I suppose I've never felt a huge urge to "come out."

That being said, I've been tossing the idea around more and more. I don't know if I need or want to be "out" for everyone and anyone to know, mostly because it's no one's business who I'm sleeping with, male, female or otherwise, but I've been thinking about telling some people in my family and maybe some friends. Who knows though? Years ago I could barely accept the fact that I was feeling an attraction for men, so I've definitely made it a long way.

Regardless, I don't want to be defined as "the bisexual guy" because my sexuality is not the summation of my identity and to be honest I don't even consider it a big part of my personality. But, on some levels, I do wish I could be more open, so to speak.

So anyway, that's the gist. Looking forward to talking with some interesting people.

2. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to Empty Closets!

3. Dionysios

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome! I hope you find EC a friendly and supportive place where you can be yourself. There are plenty of fine people here who are on their own journies like you. I trust that you will make some good friends here.

4. whistle1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Welcome to the site. Whether or not you come out, when and to whom is entirely up to you.

5. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

You will most definitely find a lot of members here in a similar situation. You coming out is optional, especially if you don't feel like it's that big of a deal. It's entirely up to you to decide. I'm predominately attracted to men, but I came out because I'm attracted to women too, even if it's not 50/50 attraction. Just be yourself, love whomever you want to love and enjoy life to the fullest. Enjoy your stay here, and feel free to ask questions or just strike up a conversation with whoever is willing to listen :grin:

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to Empty Closets! Glad you have decided to join the community, and I hope you are finding it useful.

For some, coming out isn't a priority once they have figured out what their sexual orientation is or who they feel attracted to. Some will just let it happen in its own time, and different situations, introductions will provide enough clues for others to figure things out. The important thing is that you are comfortable with yourself. :slight_smile: