1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey there! (Howdy doo)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by JustSami, Oct 22, 2020.

1. JustSami

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, I'm Sami! I am a female, bisexual, and I really like girls. I live in "Mormonville", so people around me, including my parents, believe that homosexuality is a sin. My parents know how I feel and they feel differently about it. My mom accepts me, but won't let me be a part of the community and my dad wanted me to burn the little pride flag I had (don't worry, I still have it). Anyways, I wanted to find a place to talk to people who might understand what I'm going through, because I can't talk to my parents, and talking to my friends is too risky. I'm in quarantine, so the only way to talk to friends is through the internet. My parents read my messages, and I don't want to get in trouble for thinking of the gay. I really wanna find a gf even though I'm not allowed. Anyways, there's my gay issues in a nut shell :'3

2. BlueLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey Sami and welcome to EC! It's so nice to have you here.

I'm sorry that the people around you are not much supportive. That must be difficult for you.

Also, I hope you find the support you need here and feel comfortable in this community. :slight_smile:

3. Lucy Marie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Full disclaimer: I am also a Mom so forgive me if I ever too much into that lane.
    Quarantining has made it difficult for all of us to stay connected, but imagine same virus, but no Internet...let’s focus on positive (told you, I’m a Mom, it’s what we do).
    Not every religious person will be scandalized at your choices. Please don’t judge all who claim religion and then are close minded petty fools.
    There are many people here who will warmly receive you and give you guidance. This is a safe place—be yourself and remember Golden Rule.
    And, if ever you need it let me know and I will ((momhugs)) for as long as you need it.

4. JustSami

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you for that Lucy! I am very grateful for the internet, it is a godsend at this time. I also don't hate Mormons, for as a matter of fact I still consider myself one. I should have also clarified that I'm struggling to find myself in a religion, not just a place, that says the behavior of such is a sin. I understand I can feel this way but I can't help but imagine what it would be like if I didn't have my religion. I'd be able to act the way I want, but I wouldn't have something so dear to me. I love Christ and he loves me, but I struggle loving myself, that's all. Thanks for the mom hugs :slight_smile:

5. Lucy Marie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Look at you. You are going to be fine—look at your strength.
    I, too, am a proud Christian and Gaga said it best, didn’t she?
    Be careful or I will pull the full Mom on you and work on your self love and give so many ((momhugs)) all day long
    (run on sentence, sorry).