1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey guys

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Suicidal, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Suicidal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey guys my name is Priss I'm 17,I really need someone to talk to...it would be really appreciated..so I've been suicidal since I was 8 and right now I just wanna put an end to this...I'm at the breaking point this time...I'm not scared of death I'm scared of the momentary pain before death and all the quick fixes I've been seeing online cost an enormous amount of pain... I don't wanna kill myself either I want someone else to do it for me..but I know that's really selfish and stuffs but I really...I don't know what to do anymore

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi there! I'm sorry you're feeling so depressed :frowning2:

Suicide or self harm is never the answer to anything. I would highly recommend reaching out to a helpline like the trevor project:
    https://www.thetrevorproject.org/get-help-now/. Or another helpline in your area!

If you don't get through by calling the numbers, try again. Don't stop calling the crisis hot lines. Places like the Trevor project (that I put above), you call, text, or online chat with somebody.

Start writing out all your thoughts out. It doesn't even have to make sense. Physically writing out helps you get all of the thoughts out. You will probably feel a bit better and things might not seem to be as hopeless as they seem to be right now! You have already done the hard part. You have already asked for help by posting. You have already stated to let it all out. Yay!

Do you go to school? Would there be a councilor there that could help you? It could be another source of support and an outlet for all of your feelings/emotions and thoughts. Let the counselor know how you feel and the thoughts you are having.

Taking deep breaths, and try to sit down somewhere until you can collect your thoughts again if things seem to be getting to be too much. After that, take another deep breath, so that you can feel the inhalation and exhalation, and tell yourself, things are going to be alright.

Life can be really hard at time, and there can be a bunch of bumps in the road. Once we get through these bumps, we are stronger as a person, since we've learned how to over come these obstacles! :slight_smile: We don't know what the future holds.

I'm sure you have people in your life that care deeply about you. Sometimes people don't show how much they care well, or may show it in subtle ways, but I'm positive you have people that care about you :slight_smile:

3. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello Priss, welcome to EC. I am sorry that you are so depressed. I have been where you are emotionally many times in my life and I know that it is very difficult. I do not know any resources in Nigeria for this but could you look into suicide hotlines and mental health services locally? It does help to talk to someone about this, someone with knowledge about mental health issues.

Also, keep using this forum as a resource. Post about your troubles or you can direct message the moderators and such and they will talk to you. After more posts you can get the ability to message other members. Hold on, things do not have to stay as dark as they feel right now.

4. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Priss.....Hello and a great big welcome to Empty Closets! I've been where you are right now...I came very close to making a choice that can't be changed, ever. The wonderful LGBTQ+ Folks here on EC helped me through that time. Please let us do that for you too! Share with us the things that make you feel the way you do...so many of us have been in that same place. We want to support you...we want to give you a shoulder to cry on when you need it. Remember that you are a part of our LGBTQ+Family and we do care! Please keep us updated on how you are doing!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

5. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I urge to take a breath, step back and relax just for a minute. Nothing is as bad as it seems. Finding a counselor can help you find the tools to cope with. Life is worth living I assure you. You get this one chance and it is our obligation to make the most of it. We understand that sometimes life is not easy, sometimes fate deals a cruel blow but that being said it still worth it. Keep communicating we are all friends here willing help with whatever advice we might be able to offer. Life is too precious to waste . You have a whole life ahead of you. Reach out for help...please.