1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hetersexual couple tried to pair me with a lady.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by brainwashed, Jun 12, 2021.

1. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a group of heterosexually friends who I've known for a long time - decades. They are all coupled couples, married for decades themselves. For the last five to seven years, maybe longer, I've seen them less and less and we do not do fun things together "hardly ever" anymore. (few) I've told them all years ago I'm gay.

Couple days ago one of the couples suggested AGAIN that I should give lady x, a try. The female of the couple said, ~"lady x is a nice woman and she's alone." I've known lady x quite some time, maybe even before I had any idea I was gay. When I was seeing lady x, there was no SPARK. My want to be with you love engine did not purr.

Like WTF!

And yes I've told myself I need to get more gay friends and find a solid group of gay friends.

#1 brainwashed, Jun 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    Tightrope and stump405 like this.
  2. MistyMorn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's not cool. I'd be angry to. It really comes down to people respecting you as a human being and for who you are. This is not a choice it's who we are and can't be switched on or off. No matter your past relationships, it's not up to them to try to set you up like this. Yeah, no not ok.

StillAround likes this.
  3. Hillary B

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Help from friends is great. But not when it is wrongheaded help. Don't be disheartened. Keep going and stick with the good people.

4. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I read the thread title, I assumed it would be people that you hadn’t come out to. I’m not really keen on the idea of being set up in general, but it’s really poor of them not be respecting or acknowledging your sexuality.

What did you say to them in response?

MistyMorn likes this.
  5. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am also not keen about being matched. These situations are always about something else. When it's this gender mix, she's concerned for her lady friend. I have had this happen. If you say no, that needs to be heard. You might have to repeat yourself. If it's still not understood, you might have to move on from that friendship. Not fun. But people have problems with boundaries.

LostInDaydreams likes this.