1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hesitant Hello!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by debutantsappho, Nov 5, 2015.

1. debutantsappho

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello! I'm a 26 year old from the East Coast and this is my first (tiny, little, baby) step out of the closet. I've known since I was 20 that I was probably gay, but this marks my very first time putting it in writing. I'm just starting to try to live an honest life and I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing or where to start. I've never dated a woman (or a man) and feel like I lost out on some fun and flirty years in college and that I'm now very behind the times. When I finally admitted to myself that I wasn't straight I had a flashback Usual Suspects style to everything in my life and suddenly so many things made sense (my love for Charlie's Angels despite that fact that those movies are terrible, my obsession with Nicole Kidman, and my, much less fun, crushes on straight friends).

I'm torn between wanting to force myself out as quickly as humanly possible and wanting to keep true to my anxious/type A personality by doing everything "perfectly" and exactly at the right time. I know that's highly unlikely to pan out...Anyway, I'm here to try to make some new friends and to interact with other people who might be/might have gone through the same things. :smilewave

As for my interests, I'm an avid gamer (I have so many feelings about Life is Strange), a big fan of YouTube and an art aficionado. Historic walking tours and Halloween are my two favorite things in the world.

2. littleraven

Nice. Welcome. (*hug*) What kinds of art do you like?

3. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Welcome to EC! :slight_smile: you're going to love it here, many have been in similar situations so you're definitely not the only one going through this!

4. MtnCase

Welcome! I'm sure you'll find some great resources here :slight_smile: Sounds like you're on a good path no matter if you end up ripping off the band-aid or taking it baby steps a little at a time.

5. Psycho Jess

Psycho Jess Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heya! My names Jess! Pleasure to meet cha!

Way to be on making the first steps. Sometimes those are the hardest. And I get having a hard time deciding how you'll finally leave the closet. I think everyone I've ever known who just jumped out, instead of sneaking, did it on an impulse.

I wish you the best of luck, and if you ever want to talk, I'm an open ear, I rarely sleep, so excluding bad days, I'll typically be around!

6. MeepMoop

welcome! Have Fun!

7. zgirl81

8. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people