1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

helppp gender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Dollhead, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Dollhead

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    am i trans if i sometimes wish that strangers would see me as another gender than female (im afab) or is this normal? idk exactly why i think that, but i'm scared it's because i kind of wish that i am trans for some reason. like that i want to fit in with the cool people i've seen online. i don't think i've ever experienced gender dysphoria, but sometimes, very rarely, i've wished that my boobs were gone so that i could look more androgynous or masculine, but again, idk if it's because i want to fit in or something like that. i wouldn't mind if someone called me a he or they, i actually think i would be happy.
    sorry for bad englishhh.

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC.

Well, "normal" is a setting on a washing machine not a person. Also, no one can really or should tell you how you must identify. We can help you explore but in the end the decision about who you really are is up to you. If you want to identify as trans or tell people that you are nonbinary then you can do so.

Since you are AFAB and at times you do feel that you wish your body were different and that people would perceive you as other than that this is gender dysphoria. It may not be very severe and it may not mean that you need to transition or make any real changes in your life though. If you want to explore it more you could experiment having other people address you with different pronouns and name could tell you more, if you feel a real euphoria over being addressed or perceived as more androgynous or masculine that could indicate that you might be happier with that. There is also a thread here on EC where you can experiment with pronouns and names to see how it feels.

Your english is not bad, it is much much better than I could ever do in Danish.

3. SamtheGremlin

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi! welcome to EC

I feel you and I'm currently questioning/going through dysphoria things and also like above your english is great, I didn't think about it until you mentioned it. you don't have to 'fit' or think you have to have gender dysphoria or hate your body, some trans people don't experience it and feel happier/more like themselves masculine/adryogonus and thats valid too!