1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELPBRUHHELP

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andreana, Mar 20, 2022.

1. Andreana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    okayokay so i forgot how to do like those coordinate grid things for math hw can naybody help me its due tmmr in second period and im gonna be yelled at to go to bed rlly soon somebody hel[pppp TwT

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Andrew.....It's been a long time ago...but I'd give it a shot. What is the problem exactly?
    .....David

3. DragonChaser

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Your profile says you're 19. You should be in college. Who's yelling at you to go to bed when you have studying to do, exactly? Are you living in a frat house? Are guys running around wearing bed sheets, wielding spanking paddles for freshmen up past their 9 o'clock curfew?

And why would you ask a bunch of LGBTQ people anyway? We're a diverse bunch, to be sure; somebody knows some math, I'll bet my left ear on it - for that is my favorite ear, you see. But, really, all jokes aside... why not just Google it? It's so easy.

And why not just say what they are? If they're problems in a book, surely there's a heading somewhere or instructions that describe the configurations you're working on. Why call them "thingies" other than to kneecap someone else's ability to understand and help you?

I feel like somebody's trolling. I honestly do.

#3 DragonChaser, Mar 21, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
  4. Andreana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Okay for the age thing i put a random year lol and it was a packet with no instructions im not trolling lol nothing showed up on google though for what i needed it was like those how far is (-4,8) from (8,2) T-T

5. Andreana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Its like do you know how to read grid things like how do i know how far away one thing is from another like (-4,8) and (8,2)

6. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It’s okay, you’re more than welcome to post about anything you like in Chit Chat! Don’t worry about that, we’ll help if we can! For security reasons we should get your date of birth, if you want to start a thread in Ask The Staff, we can sort that out for you. :slight_smile:

You mean like this? :wink:

#6 Spartan 117, Mar 21, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
  7. Andreana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    OOH- thankyouthankyouuu and yeah imma go do that with the thread lol

8. DragonChaser

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not trying to be cute here, but did you try reaching out to the teacher or a classmate to ask for some more information? That might be a quicker, more effective way to get a result, if you didn't. Any teacher worth their salt should help a student struggling to understand something they're teaching.

If they don't, you can still come back here and ask for help, no worries I'm sure, but it took - what - two days to get a straight answer? If it's an option at all, it's almost certainly quicker just to shoot your teacher an e-mail.

Either way, much love!

9. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    WhatAMIAndrew.....I agree with some other posters here in that contacting your teacher for clarification would probably be faster than trying to get an answer here. You could even talk to a grad student, if the prof has one and if this is a college class. You gave us the grid location (points), but you haven't given us the grid value. For instance, does each point (movement from one place to another on the grid) have a value of one (1) or is the value larger or smaller. We would have to assume that you would be operating in abstract "units". However, we would still not know if the units were multiple or singular. Ex. each unit ="1 inch" or each unit = "2 inches". That would affect the final numerical outcome. Also, you have a problem that is concerned with movement on the X-Axis and the Y-Axis. Therefore you will not have a simple answer such as 7 (an example only). The answer becomes compound as you move on both the X and Y axis simultaneously. The X Axis is always solved first so the solution for the X axis is: (-4) + 12 = 8. It requires a movement of positive 12 units to reach the desired number of positive 8 units. Second is the Y axis: 8 + (-6) = 2. It requires a movement of negative 6 units to reach the desired number of 2 units. Hope this helps...What kind of math class is this?
    .....David :gay_pride_flag: