1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Cha0ticG, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Cha0ticG

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As far as I know, I am genderqueer. My question is how do I express said identity to others? My family are kind of closed minded when it comes to it. They are really prominent on the girls should do this and boys that. I have no bloody idea how to tell them that I’m a inbetween without them getting angry or shunning me.

2. The1nkling

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly, if you feel like you're going to get shunned or disowned or anything like that- basically if you feel like it's not safe to come out- maybe you shouldn't? But if you really want to, try broaching the subject with a question like, "Have you heard of people who don't identify as either gender?" or something along those lines, just to gauge their reaction. If they react positively then I would take it farther, if you feel comfortable. That's the important part, that you feel comfortable. I feel like it's important to find people who accept you for you. Is there anyone like that in your life? Are there any LGBT+ groups in your area in which you could connect with people like you?

3. Cha0ticG

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So far as I’ve seen and tried to research, the only places where they offer some type of support are for older people. It sucks butt, but the closest thing I’ve come to some type of support area is this site. Is been really uplifting to talk to others and see their views on these things. Thank you for helping though.