1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ChivalrousMe, Oct 27, 2015.

1. ChivalrousMe

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    These past few months I've dropped hints to my parents, and any other close people because they see it too. I am transgender and I am sure of it, and now the next step I'd like to do is to COME OUT to my parents first. Please bear with me, English isn't my first language and I know that I'm bad at explaining things.

Mom asked me if I was a guy, since I never liked or did girly stuffs and she got a hold of my phone which had a conversation with my roleplaying friend. My character was a guy so... she suspected me. It happened two times and on the second time I didn't come out! (Though I had the chance) She said she accepts me no matter what and she had a talk with dad that says, they'll both support me.

But the thing is they are thinking I'm a lesbian (I came from Philippines so people only thinks of "gay" and "lesbian" as the third sex [there are many kinds though]. A conservative and religious country which only has TOLERANCE for people like me. Also a reason I'm afraid to come out publicly) so I want to clarify things out. I already have a letter but do you think I should do it personally? I have an anxiety thing going on and I'm still quite afraid. What should I include in the letter? Things to consider? Please help. They deserve to understand me deeply.:help::icon_sad:

2. Wolf of The Baltic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dear friend

You e already overcome the first half of coming out, accepting it for yourself, so well done. I can tell you that letters work completely. Even though I haven't written one personally, my friend came out to his parents by letter and they understood it. As for your questions.

Should I do it personally?
    -that's up to you really, maybe if you have the letter then maybe choose that. If your anxious then telling them personally would only make it worse I feel.

What should you include?
    -I would include when you said you were transgender. Maybe about the confuson around your sexuality and just let them know that you are still their child.

Things to consider
    -it's always good to consider you parents and how they would respond. Parents may be th worse to come out to I'm my opinion since it's hard to predict what they'll say. The best thing to do is prepare for questions, because they are probably gonna have some.

I hope I was of use to you. I agree that your parents should know you for who you are, everyone disereves that. If you need anything ask away.

Love and hopes,
    The Wolf of The Baltic

#2 Wolf of The Baltic, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2015