1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please all i wanna do is straighten my hair

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by AlexJames, Jun 26, 2017.

1. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Does n e 1 own one of these? I am literally mad enough to slash my leg up i am not joking. I can't find the fucking indicator button on this damn thing! Its new! I looked up the site n found the product but the link for the user guide is broken and i lost the manual cause i lose all manuals i need im a fuck up. I just wanted to play and straighten my hair today but NO I CAN'T TELL WHAT HEAT SETTING ITS ON CAUSE THERE IS NO INDICATOR NOTCH THING FOR IT. I seriously do not think the screw is meant to indicate which heat setting it is set to. UGH playing around with my hair this week was supposed to be a big thing! If i can learn hwo to straighten it then i can cut it and get a more bigender/genderfluid hair cut i feel comfortable in. But unless i can learn how to tame my hair I CAN'T DO ANYTHING WITH IT. And without a license i'm home bound for the week cause i'm on vacation and that's a long story so just accept I AM NOT LEAVING THE HOUSE THIS WEEK and i am not sending my dad to the store for a FUCKING HAIR STRAIGHTENER when i already OWN ONE. Granted i threw it to the floor so it might be damaged now. Idk. I got pissed off at it. I thought i bought a simple easy to use one that gave me options so i don't burn my hair to a crisp trying to straighten it. BUT NO NOW MY MOOD IS RUINED. I haven't been this mad and triggered in ages. I've only been planning this for months. This week was meant to give me the chance i never have w/ mom here to figure out my hair so i can confidently say hey mom please cut my hair to this length i promise i won't look like a fucking homeless kid with it i know what i'm doing cause she's literally never seen me or wanted to see me w/ anything but long hair. I don't know if she will even agree to do it but i don't wanna go to a hair salon cause i don't want them to mess it up or ask a million questions and try to talk me into something i'm not really sold on.

Edit: I really am a fuck up. I forgot the god damn link. DOES ANYONE OWN ONE OF THESE AND CAN HELP ME. I'm assuming it still works even if i threw it. It just hit my carpet like a yard away not the wall or hardwood or whatever. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Remington-Wet-2-Straight-2-Hair-Straightener-S7311/35092472

#1 AlexJames, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  2. beagle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Hi Lunarlyric,

Sorry from the post did you say it is heating up or not. If it isn't heating up it might be the fuse in the plug. I just realised you in the usa and you have the 2 pin plug.

i found a manual for uk version should be the same par the plug.just noticed it is a earlier model of your s7311

https://uk.remington-europe.com/cdn/manager/remington-europe_com/User Manuals/s7300_uk.pdf

It looks similar.I hope it helps. I really do understand your frustration at things not working, need to step back have a smoke,drink , tv then come back to it.

3. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yay thank you!! :slight_smile: I didn't turn it on yet i was just trying to figure out how to tell what heat setting it is set to. It doesn't have any sort of notch on it to tell me which number on the dial its gonna heat up to. I will look at that later though, cause i would definetally like to figure this out so i can straighten my hair tomorrow.