1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Job/Mental Health Related.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by RogueWolf, May 10, 2022.

1. RogueWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have been suffering from anxiety, depression and BPD for over 4 years. But at the end of last year my therapist and doctor said I'm all good and there's no need for me to visit anymore.

But this year I started SH, and things are getting worse day by day.

The problem is: I finished my degree last year and I even got my dream job at January. But due to my mental health issues, I have been taking leaves randomly. But now I'm at a stage where I don't even have energy to talk to anyone let alone work.

Since I'm working at a startup company and its only been about 4 and half months, I can't apply for FMLA leave. So what should I do?

I really like this job and I also feel guilty for asking for leave too, but I don't have any choice. Plus I need to restart my therapy too.

Please provide some advice.

2. GraceMiamor

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If I were you I would try talking to a therapist or to your boss about this and see what they think you should do I mean I told my boss about the same issues and he understood and let me leave at points where I can't handle it. I get where your coming from Hun and if you ever need help or advice I'm here and I'll help as much as I can.

RogueWolf and Sunchimes like this.
  3. Plastic46

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I’m sorry but your previous doctor and therapist were jackasses. Borderline is a life long illness and has to be managed actively. Their dismissing you as a patient is BS.

My best advice is see a therapist asap so you can keep your dream job.

4. Sunchimes

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with @GraceMiamor and @Plastic46 who have both suggested you see another therapist.

It was wrong for the other one to discharge you when you have a lifelong condition.

I don’t know what system you have where you live but in the UK if you have a health condition, you can see an occupational therapist in the workplace and they can help to make things easier for you in your job. For example by giving you more flexible hours or working partly from home if possible (basically adjusting things depending on your job) etc.

But yes, you need to arrange another therapist as soon as possible so that you can get the help you need.

RogueWolf and Rayland like this.
  5. RogueWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks. I'll try to see my therapist as soon as possible. But regarding my boss, I actually feel bad for them already.
    They're in a really tough spot too, I feel like the best I can do for him and the company is to quit. I can't afford to be selfish, atleast not at someone else's expense.

6. RogueWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks @Sunchimes and @Plastic46 but tbh I really don't know if it was the right thing to do (well medically), but personally for me it was really the best thing at that time.

Like after getting the green pass to finally live my life off the meds and constant hospital visits, I was genuinely happy that time. Plus that also helped me see myself past the chains of mental health issues, and for the 1st time in my life things actually started to make sense to me.

But some things did happen, and then things went from 0 to 10 real fast.

So I can't really blame them for anything, if I have to point fingers at anyone... It would be at myself. Because, looking back, I should've visited them way before things gotten this worse.
    It's just I thought, I had gotten stronger yk. Plus the thought of going back is really scary and unpleasant.

But thanks though I'll keep what you guys said in mind, and if their methods doesn't feel right or sensible, I'll look for someone else.

Sunchimes likes this.
  7. Sunchimes

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You’re welcome.
    I understand totally. Sometimes we just have to try things. I have health issues and I push myself to the limits at times and get it wrong. It’s about wanting normality isn’t it?

At least you have options and if you feel the need to get help with a new therapist you know you can get it.

RogueWolf likes this.