1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! I Can't get tested, but my partner has HIV.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Jaimee, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, the point of PEP is that, within 72 hours of infection, it prevents (at least, in a large number of cases) the HIV virus from taking hold. It basically stops the infection entirely in most cases.

Edit: Ninja's by Decent One, whose information is both more detailed and more accurate than mine.

#21 Chip, Nov 13, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  2. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's all I wanted to know. That's amazing that even though they can't cure it, they can sort of kill the virus before it fully infects you and render you negative. They should make that stuff available the way EpiPens are available. Or does it not work like that? Either way, that's amazing that they've come up with a way to kill the virus and they should make this information more widely known. I didn't know about the general idea behind it until awhile ago. It almost seems like by not letting people know that the government wants people to get HIV. My main question now is why don't more people know about this treatment and why isn't it more widely used?

3. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's expensive as hell. Most people wouldn't be able to afford it even if they knew about it. Without insurance, my friend got charged $800 for PEP at a hospital after thinking he got infected (and it turned out he didn't anyway). Not counting the additional $500 in other various hospital fees.

4. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ah yes, there it is. I'm a firm believer that Ronald Reagan ordered the creation of HIV/AIDS in a lab to cull the population of what he saw as "undesirables," and when it backfired he simply refused to comment on the situation. The government doesn't care if you get HIV, in fact, they probably want it for two reasons: to keep that sweet money flowing into the corrupt American healthcare industry and to cull the population. I know I sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist, but that's what I believe. How many people has AIDS killed? Reagan is on par with Hitler if I'm correct.

5. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really hope you aren't serious, because (a) the virus did not originate in the US, and the early infections and subsequent spread have been traced to one flight attendant who got in in Africa, where it had been present for many years; (b) there's zero evidence to support that idea; (c) The idea that a president could order such a thing, that it would happen, that it would be launched, and no one would find out anything about it is simply not possible; and (d) nothing in the decades of study of the virus remotely indicates any sort of genetic engineering of it.

#25 Chip, Nov 13, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    Destin and Chiroptera like this.
  6. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Here's the thing, the cult of personality around Ronald Reagan could absolutely cover up anything about that man. He could have been diddling little kids and his cult would have made sure that nobody ever found out about it. Maybe he didn't order the creation of it, but rather had it harnessed to infect the gay and black populations-- you know, two bases that didn't want to vote for him or George HW Bush or the Republican party in general. Of course a project like this would be launched, the government does it all the time by putting fluoride in our water and flying chemtrails over poor neighborhoods. So even if it wasn't cooked in a lab, it was still used to cull the population, then people like Reagan, Bush and even Margaret Thatcher would remain silent about it because it wasn't affecting rich, straight whites. AIDS is a war on gay people. And I firmly believe Reagan had something to do with it. His cult very much still exists to this day and can be seen whenever somebody says something negative about the man, his legions of followers come down from the shadows and absolutely crush whoever's naysaying Reagan.

7. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, wow, no offense but... you're so far out in left field there isn't much to say if you honestly believe this ridiculousness.

No, Reagan did not order, or otherwise harness HIV. Had you been alive in that era, you'd understand how utterly ridiculous your claims are. I lived through it. And yes, it did affect an awful lot of well-to-do folks. THe whole premise is so completely full of shit and utterly without any supporting evidence whatsoever.

Chemtrails are not a thing.

Fluoride, while there's some question about its value on teeth, is not a "government plot".

These are just as far out there as the claims that the Holocaust didn't happen. I honestly hope you don't believe that BS as well.

Sorry but this sort of discussion is so far out in fantasyland it really has no place in a community focused on evidence-based and fact-based discussion.

Destin likes this.
  8. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just need to comment.

1. As Chip said, chemtrails are not a thing. My friend who graduated recently is an aeronautical engineer working for Boeing. His job is working on the engine systems that cause what people think are chemtrails. Those are not chemicals being left behind. In reality, those are condensation trails of water left behind by plane engines as they fly. If it were on the ground the condensation would evaporate which is why you don't see them when planes are on the ground. In the atmosphere though, they don't evaporate as fast since the temperature is lower and the surrounding clouds prevent it. Again, they are not chemicals, it's literally water. The poor neighborhood thing is just because airports tend to build in the poor area of a city because it's cheaper to buy such huge amounts of land there, so naturally planes will be flying over the poor neighborhoods nearby to get to their airport, it's not planned that way.

2. The fluoride in the water thing, is something I have personally studied as a biochemistry major working in a chemistry lab which studies food, water, ideal ways to grow food etc. with funding from the FDA. It's not there to harm anyone, and it is in fact nearly impossible to harm you with it. The amount of fluoride in the water is so tiny that it has no noticeable affect whatsoever on the human body (except perhaps minor tooth benefits). The supposed medical issues from it like infertility etc. is not even from the fluoride, it's from lead and other metals leaking into the water due to rusted and old water pipes leaking metal fragments into the water. That's just a matter of fixing the infrastructure to replace old water pipes to entirely eliminate the issues. Your toothpaste and mouthwash has vastly more quantities of fluoride than the water does, and nobody complains about toothpaste being dangerous.

Also, both of these contradicting statements are 100% accurate: There is no such thing as poison. Everything is poison.

You can ingest any chemical or substance in existence, and in small enough doses, it will not hurt you. For example there is naturally occurring cyanide in your body, yet cyanide is considered an extremely deadly poison. At the same time, anything in large enough doses will hurt you. People get sick from vitamin C overdoses just from drinking too much orange juice for example. Doesn't mean orange juice is poison.

If you drank a bottle of mouthwash, then yeah fluoride is going to hurt you. In the tiny amount they put in the water though, no it doesn't.

#28 Destin, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    Lin1 likes this.