1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by xasuroqi, Oct 25, 2020.

1. xasuroqi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi. I'm new here. I think everyone kind of already knows why I'm here. But I just want to tell what's bothering me.
    I almost had gotten enough courage to out myself to my family. But then I was sitting in the car with my sister and my dad and they coincidentally had a discussion about homosexuality. My dad says it's an aberration, an anomaly. I feel like these words aren't the complete right translation for what he said, but I can't find any better. My sister was telling him that he couldn't say that, but he kept saying it. For just a second I wanted to tell at them to say that I was bi. But I don't think I'll ever be able to tell my dad. He's a good dad, but he's very stubborn in his way of thinking. His brother is gay. He says he can live with it, but compares it to a handicapped person. I don't want him to think like that about me.
    I'm hoping I van find some kind of friends on here. People who can relate.

2. xasuroqi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    how can i edit my post? :slight_smile:

3. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

I’m sorry to read about what your dad said. That must be really hard.

EC is really friendly forum, so take a look around and I’m sure you will find some people to talk to. I hope you enjoy being part of the EC community.

Everyone can edit their posts, but only in the first five minutes after a message has been posted. There will be an edit button on the bottom of the post, but it disappears after five minutes have passed.

#3 LostInDaydreams, Oct 25, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  4. Lucy Marie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi, can you say what you wanted to edit? Maybe that will help?
    That had to be painful to hear your Dad say that. But your sister was positive, yes? What about your Mom?
    I think your best resource might be your uncle. Can you talk with him? And, your sister?
    Your word usage was perfect. Sadly, perfect.
    I appreciate how being referred to handicapped hurts. I am a gimp, but it does not affect my ability to think.
    No fly over state here, right? Go KS!
    ((momhugs))