1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Virgos, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Virgos

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello.
    Recently joined this site, looking forward to learning lots of things!
    You can call me Virgos and I don't care about pronouns or labels in general...

However, I have recently began questioning my gender identity...

I'm not quite sure how to explain it, but I am afb and as far as I know have XX chromosomes and typical hormone characteristics of females.
    I don't think my gender identity impacts my social life, but I am very reclusive and antisocial, so I can't say I even have a "social life" outside of basic conversation with peers and business and whatnot.

Because I spend most of my time (especially now) with my family I don't hear pronouns used in reference to me. So I can't gauge how they make me feel. I hardly ever hear my full name, even.

As far as body dysphoria goes...

I have reoccurring bouts of body image issues, and I don't like having breasts. But I also have an intense fear of hospitals and needles and the like because of some past trauma, so I would never consider surgery or hormones..

I don't like a lot of "boys" stuff or "girls" stuff in particular, how I choose clothing or hobbies has never been dependent on what gender is associated the most with them.

I will say however, for some other reasons which I may or may not be comfortable elaborating on have me beginning to wonder if I'm much more solidly masculine then I thought. I've always suspected that I was some flavor of gender-noncomforming.

I guess I would like to talk to someone who may have more experience with transgenderism and it's variants and get some second opinions...

2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi @Virgos and welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

If you haven’t done so already, you might find it helpful to look at the Gender Identity and Expression sub forum, read some threads and maybe post your own.

I hope you find the support and insight that you’re looking for.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to the community! Great that you have decided to join; you will find the community to be welcoming and supportive. Feel free to share your experiences and ask any questions to which you would like to find some answers to.

Welcome. :slight_smile: