1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by ItsHayley, Mar 13, 2018.

1. ItsHayley

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi! I’m 15 years old and bisexual, I’ve never come out to anyone and my family is extremely religious so I thought I’d come on here to find some support and make friends!

2. anonmember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to Empty Closets! You are always welcome to talk to us on here! We totally support you! I'm an 18 year old senior in high school with high functioning autism who's only out to my parents, my 2 therapists (one of which is gay), my stepdad, my grandparents on my mom's side, some of my social workers, some adults that I trust, and one of my other bisexual guy friends who's also a senior in high school lives an hour and a half away from me and promised to keep my secret. I haven't even told my stepmom, my stepsisters, my stepbrother, my gay brother, or any extended family members. Some of my aunts and uncles are religious, conservative, and homophobic which is why I haven't come out to them. I wish you the best of luck!

#2 anonmember, Mar 14, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  3. anonmember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I definitely don't trust my stepbrother to keep my secret. I'm sure he wouldn't care that I was because he knows my brother is gay and he doesn't care about that but I'm not going to tell him anyway because he is only 12 years old and he is a horrible secret keeper so I'm sure he would tell other people if I told him, which is one of the reasons why I haven't told any of my friends that go to my school because I'm sure they would tell other people too. Being gay or bisexual is something that's hard for a lot of people to keep confidential, especially teenagers.

#3 anonmember, Mar 14, 2018
  4. anonmember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you don't want any of your friends at school to know you're bisexual, your best bet is to not tell any of your friends, because if you tell a bunch of your friends in middle school or high school that you're bisexual, just like for someone who was lesbian or gay, they WILL tell other people, guaranteed. (an exception would be like my case where my friend lives far away and he is bisexual himself and I trust him to keep my secret and he actually seems to be keeping my secret because I haven't heard anything yet.), but even if your friends support LGBT rights or even if they are LGBT themselves, there's still a chance that they could tell other people. In that case, it would NOT be to hurt you, it would be because they wouldn't think it was a big deal for anyone to know. so if you want to guarantee that no one spreads the word, then don't tell any of your friends. Maybe you should start by telling a therapist if you want to be helped through this journey. I am not going to come out until college where I'm sure people will be more accepting of it.

#4 anonmember, Mar 14, 2018