1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Brit75, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Brit75

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi all, I'm new to EC and have a few questions. I'm in the process of coming to terms with, and subsequently coming out as lesbian. I'm in my forties, married and a business owner so discretion is crucial. My main question is: can non-members read what I post in EC? If any of my friends are members then I'm not too concerned about them discovering I am too, but I live in a very small community and I know there are some extremely homophobic people here so I want to be sure that those people won't see what I write. Also, I would love to hear from others that are going through a similar experience (I know I'm not the only one doing this, right?). Thanks for reading, looking forward to what life has in store for me!

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello Brit75! Welcome to EC!:slight_smile:

Yes, non-EC members can read the posts on the threads, but they can't view your Personal Profile. This is, after all, a help/support site and not everyone who may benefit from the discussions in the forums may choose to (or even be able to - remember being LGBTQ is actually still illegal in some countries) become a member.

But, if you feel comfortable doing so, you could start your own thread in an appropriate forum (probably the LGBT Later in Life forum, based on your introduction) and simply limit the details that you provide in order to minimize recognizability by anyone who may know you in real life.

#2 Quantumreality, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I think Quantumreality answered your questions so I will just say hi and welcome :slight_smile:

4. Lynz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Brit!

Big welcome to ya!

Lots of friendly, awesome people on this forum. I really hope you find support and have fun with us :slight_smile:

Definitely head over to the "LGBT Later in Life" forum. You will find very similar stories there :slight_smile: