1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello World

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Johnnie2x4, May 5, 2018.

1. Johnnie2x4

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My name is Johnnie. I'm kind of trying to figure out who I am. I sometimes feel like I was meant to be a man (especially when I examine my body in a mirror), other times I'm just tired of being judged by standards I could never possibly meet. I hope I can find some answers here, among people who are experiencing (or who have experienced) the same problems I am.

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Johnnie2x4....Hello and welcome to empty closets! I think that you will find some answers here...and maybe some questions too... CHeck out the forum titled "Gender Identity and Expression" here on EC. There are a lot of people there who will understand your questions!
    .....David :old_smile: :gay_pride_flag:

3. Biguyjosh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi and welcome

4. Blast

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like your avatar :slight_smile: I thought it was a toucan before I looked closer!

5. Johnnie2x4

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay, so here's an update:

I was looking through the Gender Identity and Expression forum when I came across this post from about 3 years ago: Autism Spectrum Disorders and Transgenderism

Now, this peaked my interest, because I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome when I was 10. So after going through some of the replies and doing some more research, I found out something that I had not expected: according to recent studies, a lot of transgender people (especially transgender men) have been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder.

This basically blew my mind. Although I've excepted my A.S.D. a long time ago, I never expected it to have anything to do with my gender dysphoria (which I didn't start experiencing until just last year when I turned 27).

And it has helped solve the problem I had when this whole thing started: whether my feelings about my gender were legitimate. When I started considering the possibility that I was born in the wrong gender, I wasn't sure if it was a legitimate fact, or if I was just disappointed and angry about the fact that I could never live up to the standards of being a woman. Now that I know that my A.S.D. and my dysphoria are connected, I feel that my feelings are legitimate: I feel I was born in the gender because I was born in the wrong gender. I was meant to be a man!

Honestly, I was so excited by this that I called my sister (the only person that I've come out to) to tell her. She was both surprised and glad. And so am I. I honestly feel like I'm seeing things clearly for the first time in a long, long time. It makes me feel so much better about myself.

I really don't know what else to say about this, really. I just wanted share this with other people. :laughing:

6. MaoKingofcats

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    !!! omg I'm so happy that you were able to figure out who you are! ovob Also henlo I'm Carmen/Kit and I hope you have a good time here! :3

7. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello! /wave

8. JayBird

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation: