1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello, I'm new

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Steam Giant, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Steam Giant

Hi everyone ^^ I'm new here. I've spent the last few hours crawling through the net in search of some kind of support community for sexual preference...I honestly didn't think it would be nearly as difficult as it was to locate one. After all that work, I hope I've found the right place.

To introduce myself, I'm a bisexual living in north eastern Pennsylvania, and I really haven't told anyone about my true sexual preference...my friends think I'm straight. I'm trying to build up the courage to come out to them some day, but to be honest, I'm a little scared. Okay, more than a little, heh.

2. charlie12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi and Welcome! I am also new to EC and it's really great! Everyone is so nice here and willing to help others when they need it.

3. Jim1454

I think your search has brought you to the right place. Welcome! I can relate to your situation - check out some of my posts.

4. CM1989

Hi, I'm fairly new here too. I've found this site to be a big help, Welcome.

5. Steam Giant

Hi guys! Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I've been poking around on the forums here, and this really does seem like a great, supportive environment ^^ This is all very new to me...I've never mingled with the community before, and while I've known of my bisexual tendancies for a few years now, I've never been able to talk about it with anyone. I'm still not entirely certain that I'm comfortable with my own desires right now...it's really hard to shake off the shackles of the "straight mindset" that's been pushed on me my whole life.

6. dfgnan21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey Steam Giant, welcome to EC! It takes some time for most people to figure all of that stuff out, but i'm sure this place will be a great outlet for you if you decide to get invoved here. I hope you do :slight_smile:

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Hi Steam Giant - welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

We'd love to have this place easier to find, and we are trying various things. The most effective so far seems to be the Google Sponsored Links.

Anyway, you found us and I hope you find it useful and enjoyable. :thumbsup:

8. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hi and also welcome from me!!!!!!!

9. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think for most people the ability to interact openly and freely with other non-judgmental, similarly-minded people is probably the best thing ever. It's like you finally feel like you belong somewhere. Or at least it was for me--it was like I finally understood where I fit in the world.

10. Steam Giant

Hey everyone!

Paul: I actually found you via the sponsored links ^^ not to be a company man, but I work for a company called Network Solutions, and we have a service called Search Engine Visibility...heheh.

Joey: That really does sound great! I love my friends to death, but sometimes, they say the most horrible things. For example, "I don't mind gays, but I hate fags." What does that mean?! ; ;

I really am glad that I found the right place, finally ^^ you guys seem alright, and I look forward to getting to know you!

11. LorenzG1950

Hi Steam Giant and welcome!

There are lots of folks here in various stages of finding their sexual identity so you will have plenty of company. Hope EC is as helpful to you as it was for me.:icon_bigg

12. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I have a load of domains registered through Network Solutions (not this one though as I don't won this site), but I have never used any of their other services.

I'll have a look at Search Engine Visibility and see if it looks like something that could work for us, and equally importantly something that the site owners would be prepared to pay for...

Do they offer staff discount: :wink:

13. blake21

hi and welcome

14. Kimi

Welcome!!
    Hope to see you around:smilewave

15. Steam Giant

Hey everyone! Thanks again for the warm welcome!~

If you like, Paul, I can talk to you about the service in a personal message. I promise, I won't sell it to you ^^ but I can tell you about some of its features if you want. I just don't want to come off as advertising for it, heh. Really, though...I dislike offering products unless I would use them myself, and in comparison to other Search Engine Optimization programs, our SEV is really nice ^^

16. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well for one thing, it means they are ignorant homophobes. Do they know you're gay? Because then they're really RUDE ignorant homophobes.

What they probably are trying to say in their limited/bigoted vocabulary way is that they are okay with gay people as long as they don't "act gay" around them, which is basically to say they don't like people who act stereotypically gay, probably to be exact they don't like gay guys who act at all femmy.

I still think my favourite witty gay shirt, which I wore quite a bit when I first came out, is "I don't mind straight people as long as they act gay in public." Because really, it hits home how ridiculous people can be.

17. Steam Giant

Heheheh.

None of my friends know that I'm bisexual yet. I've been trying to get a good idea of how they view non-heterosexuals, and it's comments like this that make coming out a terrifying thought. Other such comments include, "there are no bisexuals, only greedy people," and "have any of you wanted to start a straight pride parade?" I don't think they understand what it's like to keep your sexual preference a secret for fear of persecution.

Like I said, I love them all to death, it's just...they believe in some pretty stupid things sometimes.

18. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

OK, I'll send you a private message in the next day or two (once I have had a look at the product on the website).

19. TriBi

Hi Steam :smilewave
    I'm joining in very late, but have been real busy just lately - please excuse me.:icon_redf

20. Steam Giant

Hello TriBi! It's never too late! Pleased to meet you ^^