1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello: A Nerve-Wracking Word

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by JeffMangum220, Apr 1, 2017.

1. JeffMangum220

I believe I previously had an account on here, but I can't remember the username for the life of me, and I'm sure that I never even posted using that account. So, this is effectively a fresh start and introduction to the site for me, because I don't plan on going anywhere; however, life can definitely throw its fair share of curveballs, so I'm not entirely sure about that.

Regardless, hello. I am Jason, I'm from Georgia (the U.S. state). I'm seventeen years old as of this Feburary (hence the reason why 220 is in my username, is my birthday after all). I'm a junior at [REDACTED] High School, so I have only a few months and one year left of school, thankfully.

Anyway, that's enough background on me. I look forward to this site, as--due to my geographical location--I have a severe lack of LGBT friends to talk LGBT issues with. Usually it's just whispering things to my straight friends who just end up agitating me with how little they actually care. So, this is also sort of a vent thing for me, but I'll attempt to keep myself composed. I look forward to talking with people.

Also, I'm a big fan of music (Neutral Milk Hotel is my favorite band, hence why the lead singer's name is in my username) and I'm a writer/poet (a bad one, but whatever; if you want a bad poem, feel free to ask).

2. chad7406

I'll take one bad poem please. :wink:

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Jason! Welcome back to EC!:slight_smile:

4. JeffMangum220

Oh, geez. Alright. I guess I did advertise it, haha.

I'll use one of the more tear-stained-diary poems that I wrote yesterday. I wrote nine of those things, so yeah. They're mostly very short. Here's one:

His life and mine are ours
    His
    Mine
    Ours
    We divide the world between us.
    There is no third.

So, aside from blatently ripping off T.S. Eliot, it's also incredibly sappy. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

---------- Post added 1st Apr 2017 at 09:32 PM ----------

Thank you, happy to be here. ^-^

5. chad7406

:slight_smile: Love it! I hope you continue to write. The world needs more Poets.

6. JeffMangum220

I agree. Today's world tends to batter down people who want to get into poetry, but I think if we continue to do that, we'll never have another great poet like Keats or Eliot or Pound or Plath...

7. MaoKingofcats

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hiya welcome back!