1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Height

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 4 seat, Nov 28, 2010.

1. 4 seat

Lately I just came to the realization, I'm not that tall, but most gay guys I meet are shorter than me. Come to think of it, I've only talked to one gay guy who's taller than me, and it was in a gay bar and he was creepy as hell anyways, lol. It's weird because most of my friends are straight guys and they're all around my height, if not slightly taller, and I guess that's just what I'm used to: being average/shorter in height.

Weird though, I don't think I could ever date a guy taller than me. Just doesn't work in my head, haha.

Anyone else here? What's your height and how tall do you prefer your guy/girl to be?

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I'm moderately tall, and height really doesn't matter to me. When I think about it, I can see advantages to all sizes, but what it comes down to is that I have never conceptualized height as something that would factor into whether or not I date a guy. It's just irrelevant to me. In regards to your original point, most of my gay friends (all of the ones I can think of off the top of my head) are shorter than me, but so are most people I know, so that's not saying much.

3. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

Girls tend to be shorter than me while most guys are taller than me so I realize that I am average height for a male and I'm somewhat okay with that. I am obsessed with my height but not as much anymore- it could be worse, I could be short for a man but at least I'm average. I would rather date a guy my height or slightly taller but not AMAZINGLY tall...girls, my height or shorter. But I don't mind being slightly taller than a guy either.

4. alan t

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm 5'8 which is around average. My friends are around the same, some a bit taller some a bit shorter.
    I think I might slightly prefer someone who's exactly my height but otherwise I wouldn't care much. I think anything within 4-6 inches of me either way wouldn't bother me

5. Connor22

I'm quite tall compared to most adults but in school I'm really quite small which is weird but oh well I don't know what height I am though so I can't say

6. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I'm 5'6"..so I am short.

I'm taller than both my parents lol

7. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I'm 5 "8/9 which is below average here, I'd prefer guys same/similar height as me though, but taller guys too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Eric

I'm 6'4 and I've never met any gay person taller than me. I don't know too many straight people who are taller either, mind you. xD

I do have an ideal height for potential boyfriends, but it's a range that's flexible. I would rather be the taller one, but it isn't the most important thing.

9. RaRa

5'7 here. Being an inch or two taller would be nice, but I dont really care being that I cant change that. :slight_smile: Id prefer a guy whos taller, but just because a guys shorter than me doesnt mean its a dealbreaker.

10. Enaithor

I'm only 5'11'', more guys at college are taller than me than aren't. I'd say 35th-50th percentile.
    I would do a guy taller or shorter, although I'm inexperienced I reckon I'd be pretty versatile and wouldn't really mind either way
    And I've had major crushes on guys shorter and much taller than me

11. Frer3

I'm 6'1". All the gay guys I know are shorter. Meh...

12. Definetly Maybe

Im 5"7/8 which is below average for my age and gender. But I love it! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I don't know what it is, it's just I love other guys who are taller than me, just for the nice protection feeling I get. I kinda like how they lean over to wrap your arms around you. My ex was about 2/3 inches taller than me and this other guy i fancied was about 3/4 inches taller than me. :icon_bigg

I couldnt deal with going out with someone smaller than me, probably cause im kinda small anyway...

(I guess it might be to do with dominance, those that like to be the dominant one in a relationship prefer a smaller boyfriend/girlfriend and those who don't mind being dominated, or those who like to feel protected, like someone taller.)

In my case though, all the gay guys I know are quite tall (or taller than me at 5"7)

13. Moonstrike

Moonstrike Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm 6'1".

Height doesnt matter that much to me because, in some ways, all different types of height turn me on. But there are some tall guys around who are soooooo hot (!)

14. Holmes

I'm 5'7. My boyfriend's a good six inches taller than me, never really been a problem, except that we joke about the fact that I have to stand on my tiptoes to kiss him.

15. lostinthought9

I'm 5'9" and I guess that's about average compared to most other guys.

I'm not really concerned about height in a partner, although I prefer for him to be around the same height as I am. Although, it's not a deal-breaker if he's shorter or taller than me. :slight_smile:

16. Definetly Maybe

This sounds like me and my ex :icon_wink

17. 8bit

5'4" here.
    I'm my dad's height.
    Honestly, I think dating someone based on size is complete bullshit.
    Who the fuck am I to limit my love to someone, if they are taller or shorter than me.
    I recently read up on a study done with tall and short men, where women would choose who they would rather date.
    Even when told that the shorter men are financially stable, and have better jobs then their taller counterparts, the women still went for the taller men.
    I find this to be sickening.

18. OutToSea

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    To be fair, some people are just attracted to a certain type of guy. Is it logical? Not particularly, but since when is love logical? I know women and men that just are not attracted to short men, period. Do you think it would be right to force them to go out with someone they aren't attracted to?

I'm average-ish height (5'7")

I haven't really found myself to be attracted to a particular height range. The two men I've found myself the most attracted to were 5'2" and 6'2", though I've also had much infatuation with men my height as well. It isn't something that I don't think would ever be any sort of deal-breaker. I guess it really just depends on the individual guy, you know?

19. Heyitsme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I'm about 5' 10". I really like guys who are taller than me, but that wouldn't stop me at all from dating a shorter guy if I really liked him.

20. Beertruck

I'm about 5'10"-11". I come from a short family (I'm the tallest right now, my folks are both in the 5'4" range) so height doesn't bother me as much.