1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He Who has the Scarf

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Orange Bananas, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Orange Bananas

It all began with a scarf. My friend gave me this hand-made scarf as a Christmas present and I thought it was super duper cool. In the next class, two people were sitting in the spots that my girlfriend and I usually sit in. I decided to make the rule "He who has the scarf owns the property," and told they had to pay a pen each in rent. However, one of them, who was a girl, was wearing a fabulous fluffy white scarf.

She said, "Well I'm wearing a scarf so I own it!" To this I said, "Yeah, but it's HE who has the scarf. Not she." She responded promptly with, "You're a girl." We then had a continuing argument over this until I said, "Look, I'm trans. You can ask the GSA."

I've been out forever, but I guess I never really told any acquaintances of mine. I was then asked questions like, "Is it legal?" and "So have you had surgery?" to which I replied honestly because otherwise they were just going to speculate. Then I told these two boys about it and ended up coming out to them, too. Eventually, I told a gossip about just so I wouldn't have to tell EVERYONE. And that's how I came out. All because of a scarf. (And like a bajillion other factors, too.)

2. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's a cool way to do it. Congrats