1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having nobody IRL to talk to

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by RoseChan00, Jun 23, 2017.

1. RoseChan00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I knew this wpuld be a major issue over summer break but... i have nobody i can talk to face to face about my feelings anymore. The o ly people i did during school were a few friends (mostly females), and my therapist. Now i'm starting to seriously consider hormones and... i have nobody to speak with face to face, a professional or not.

Let me give a small rundown of why i can't see my tyerapist.

My mom and dad live in different states.
    I live with my mom for the school year,i have since i started highschool.
    I am currently with my dad, 2 states away from my mom, my therapist, and my friends.
    I have none of my friend's phone numbers, and that is a huge issue.

I can't talk to my dad about it at all. I can't be open to him like i can with my mom...

but i really want to talk with a professional... OR ANYBODY just to get these feelings out. My cousins are the only people who i can talk to openly, but they are away right now themselves so... i'm lost on what to do... because no matter how much i talk here i don't think it will help me in the slightest, because as long as where i'm typing CAN be viewed by just anyone, i can't be 100% open. And i don't know when the applications for full memebership come back...

EDIT: I also deal woth alot of dwpression and anciety issues for which i wpuld also like to speak about too, but it"s the same as my gender issues. I posted on general advice as i'm searching for advice on who i can potentially talk to.

#1 RoseChan00, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  2. Really

That's super tough. I don't know if this appeals to you but there's a text crisis line you can access for free in the US. It's at 7-4-1-7-4-1 and I think you just start by saying Hello or something to get the conversation started. They have trained people and professionals to answer your texts. Do you think that would help?

3. RoseChan00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My phone actually doesn't have service... and evwn if i did... i woukd be too scared to text or call the hotline. I've tried to text and call hotlines before but i actually froze up in both instances, mentally or physically.

Sort of like how during a panic attack, if i can visibly see the person or things that triggered it,i can't speak properly and my voice just doesn't come out.

Talking to people who are anonymous gives me anxiety... But the other way around is perfectly fine. If both of us are then i still get that anxiety. It sucks as alot of advice areas are locked off from me...

*sigh*

4. RoseChan00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Im sorry for dismissing your help but it just won't work for me. Though, i appreciate your response

5. Really

No worries. Everyone has their own way of handling things. What works for some people won't necessarily work for others.

So, it sounds like you want to talk in person with someone. Is that right? Is there an LGBT centre near where you are now? Or even a Pride society that might be gearing up for the summer? Perhaps you could check out activities that would at least put you in contact with others who are on the same page, so to speak. And then from there, you could learn about support services available in the area.

If you can't find anything specifically LGBT, perhaps check out the summer festivals coming up. They will almost always be more of a mixed crowd and it sounds like some human interaction wouldn't go amiss right about now. See if you can help out something musical or theatre based. There are bound to be LGBT people involved with those activities.

I know these aren't exactly support situations but you sound quite isolated and anything you can do to get out and about will surely make you feel at least a little better. Hopefully. :}

6. RoseChan00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nope... and even if there was... work... would get in the way of it.. I really considered that beforehand but there was no luck... I hate it.

7. Really

Oh. You're working. Sorry, didn't realize that. Have you made any friends at work? Even just to ask what people do for fun when they're not working? You don't have to insinuate yourself with them but maybe just by showing interest in their lives, they might start to include you in things you wouldn't otherwise hear about.

8. RoseChan00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Its a family owned texas-style resturant. In other words, only some of my family works there. I'm 16. Im also quitting my job at mcdonalds when i go back to my mom's so i can get another job somewhere else... i hate McDonalds.

9. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey is there any way you could have a phone consultation or Skype consultation with your therapist?

10. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You could call a hotline just to get a real human. I've never had the guts to do it myself but if i do ill let you know

11. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry about your situation. If it is any consolation at all, all profile conversations on EC can only be seen by other members. No one who isn't a member can view them. So if you need to talk to someone at least temporarily until you get back to your Mom's, my wall is always open.

There is also a private message feature if you don't want something to show up on your profile page.

#11 Sebby45, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017