1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haven't been this confused in a long time.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Yeahyeah2, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Yeahyeah2

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So even though I'm 29 now, I feel stupid because I am confused regarding my feeling towards a person I met a few months ago.

We do not know each other in real life and we have been talking through Internet. I think we are becoming good friends and I like talking to him. He seems to like talking to me as well and sometimes I could think he is flirting but at the same time my heart says it cannot be since I'm not his type and I don't feel good about myself.

Even when I get a nice feeling when thinking he could be into me, I am not sure if I'd like that. He is my friend and I cannot like my friend but I don't know if I do and I am really confused. Besides, even if I like him, I don't want to ruin a friendship in case he wouldn't like me back and things get awkward.

I am afraid I could lose him as a friend and I don't know what to do.

2. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, there. :slight_smile: It sounds like you have a bit to work through, here. Mostly it seems to be stuff you've internalized about yourself. Poor self-esteem can be pretty debilitating in your day-to-day life; it can impact how you feel about yourself in public, perhaps even dissuade you from going out and doing things that are otherwise simple and can make interactions with others seem insurmountable.

But regarding your friend in particular: the only way you'll know what he thinks or feels about you is if you either ask him or he tells you point-blank. But considering you don't think you necessarily want him to have feelings for you, it's probably better to sort out your feelings before putting your friendship at risk (which, unfortunately is something that can happen when you confess having feelings for a friend). You sound like you're in a pretty vulnerable place, so whatever you decide, just be careful.