1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you been verbally or physically assaulted bc ur lgbt ? Property vandalized?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SonicBoom, Sep 27, 2015.

?

Which has happened to you because u r lgbt ( Pick ALL that applies 2 u)

1. I was assaulted in some PHYSICAL way.

10 vote(s)
    15.6%
  2. I was assaulted in some VERBAL way

26 vote(s)
    40.6%
  3. My property was vandalized

5 vote(s)
    7.8%
  4. NONE OF THE ABOVE

28 vote(s)
    43.8%
  5. OTHER

11 vote(s)
    17.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    only once, verbally, i came out to one of my close friend in uni. I thought she'd be okay but she turn out to be super homophobic. i believe the colorful word like sinful, freak, miscreation and diseased were within her line.

2. Par

Par

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was chased once but they didn't catch me so it wasn't really assault

3. GayBoyBG

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nothing major for me. And I was in two fights, but the outcome of those battles doesn't let me say that -I- was the victim. So overall - no, I was never bullied. :slight_smile:

4. Yosia

Nope, have never been harassed because of LGBT+ things thankfully.

5. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get called F:***:g and D:***:ke sometimes. I was also spat at once in disgust by someone when rumours started flying around about me. I was also nearly beaten up in an arcade because of the rumours. Thankfully I got out of that one though. But aside from that, no.

#25 Canterpiece, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  6. Acuba403

I came out to a guy i thought was pro LGBT and he began to call me a freak of nature, a monster and so on. After that I stood up for my self, and told him to leave me alone and when I turned my back to walk away he hit me on the back of the head, I got back up and broke his nose in a 30sec fight and left

7. thepandaboss

Had snot slung my way when I was younger (because I was openly bi/queer and dating a female best friend) and right when I was first coming out as male. It got more subtle as I got older. And sometimes comments would be behind my back. Boyfriend's mom referred to me as a "lesbian on T" and honestly expected my boyfriend not to say anything. Lot of people would also make nasty comments to my boyfriend online and in person if they knew I was trans (some of these I was around for).

I was physically assaulted by my boyfriend's mom for intervening when she started to slap him around. She choked me and later blamed the incident on not understanding what being transgender was (the incident, by the way, was inspired by her drunkenly trying to break into our room demanding to "talk" for some reason).

I was sexually assaulted by a gay man a year ago. He even called me a "good girl" when it was over. I'm still trying to deal with that...

8. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No...

... not yet. I'm prepared for the day I will. One of my friends has already been struck hard by homophobia, I'm probably next when I come out.

9. TXBttm97

Both, i came out my 8th grade year and my frehsman and sophmore year three football players took it upon themselves to f me up. The school wouldnt do anything about it and they made my parents not believe me. In deep East Tx btw

#29 TXBttm97, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  10. Aviator182

No I've never been verbally or physically assaulted, but I am not out yet. It's not really something I worry about happening when I do come out. I hardly doubt anyone would try to physically assault me. As for verbally you would just have to ask yourself "what has gone so wrong in their life that they feel the need to make fun of/ call you names". These type of people are the ones we must truly feel sorry for.

11. Midori

Out Status:
    Some people
    Ahh.. verbally assulted multiple times online because I was open with telling people I was genderfluid. A 'friend' (online) had asked if anyone was genderfluid and I said that I was..then they and their friends ganged up on me at how disgusting it was and called me slurs and crap like that..Haven't been physically assulted..

12. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My former roommate called me a faggot, thinking it was funny, and he'd frequently try to manipulate me or what I was saying in an attempt to silence me when it came to LGBT issues or make me buy into his anti-LGBT rhetoric.

He was a piece of shit, but I wouldn't call any of it verbal assault. More just bullying and self-serving bullshit that was directed at me.

Other than that, no, I've never been verbally or physically assaulted because of my sexuality. Then again, I'm not out to that many people and most people assume I'm straight until they hear otherwise. Who knows? Maybe it'll happen when I'm out to more people or when I start dating and go out on dates or in public with someone.

13. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do verbal online assaults count? Today marks the second or third time I was violently misgendered by someone, and it's mind boggling. I've yet to be physically assaulted (hoping that never happens) though.

14. BigGayAlex

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Back in middle school, I was called f.g, f....t and other terms. That is when I started to think (sexually) about my boy classmates but tried to block/ignore it. Only got stronger. So yeah, another verbal abuse victim here. Recently, however, no such abuse at all. Just some long stares from (obviously) straight people.

15. tourettesqueen

I've only recently come out so not many people know so nothing yet.

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

No.

From the other side of the fence:
    In the past, I'd bully others. Not just because they were LGBT, though it helped in terms of blackmailing, but for anything that I saw as an opportunity to make use of: depression, loneliness, weakness, gullibility, heartbreak, sexuality, popularity, financial status, clothes, scars/birthmarks/features, weight, and so on.

Vandalizing was a favorite tactic of mine, because it worked. Not only against those I bullied, but those who tried to step up and play the hero:

Won't go over there and punch that kid, so I can watch you get yelled at/beat up?
    I'll rip your textbook up, and you'll either have to pay for it or get your parents to, and possibly get punished for it. Now, go punch that kid or I'll punch you, then tell everybody you're a "cry baby faggot" that deserves what I did.

Oh, you want me to stop throwing rocks at this other kid?
    When you're in gym, I'll put a pile of everybody's clothes in the shower room, set those clothes on fire, except for yours, and drown them out with the showers, leaving everybody to believe you did it. Also, you'd be suspended, and not eligible to play on the football team. Enjoy Homecoming, Mr. Hero.

I made people stand down or fall in line. I was a terrible person.

There's a reason several people are pissed at me, and won't ever forgive me. But to be fair, they shouldn't have to. I haven't made it easy.

17. SocceRoo

I can't say i've ever been abused for being Bi/gay because i'm not out yet, but i've been bullied a few times. the only thing that still affects me is when my ex-best friend started bulling me, then when i lost it at him one day I was the bad guy and basically lost a few mutual friends because of it.

18. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not directly, no. I suppose I'm lucky that way. Then again, I'm not openly out about really anything to the general public, so that might be why.

#38 Alder, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015