1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you been accused of being gay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mes1995, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I'm kind of surprised no one ever accused me of being gay. As a kid I was pretty much a tomboy, in spite of having long hair, and I went out of my way to avoid seeming feminine. However, there was this rumor that started up when I was in fourth grade that I liked the guy who was considered the smartest person in the class, and, being a small school district, this rumor stuck with me all the way to graduation. Doesn't help that I did like him -- as a potential friend. I think that redirected a lot of attention.

2. unsureman

unsureman Guest

I am not out yet, and so many people have thought that I was gay. I myself don't know either way. One time I was working at our local grocery store when I rang up this high school looking couple I myself in high school at the time, and the girl comes back in saying, "Hey, are you gay?" I was mad that she asked it, but then I was thinking "Can a guy not be openly happy and friendly without being gay?" Who knows. Apparently everyone in theatre is homosexual too so hmmmmmm....

3. xxnevadarlingxx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. Often. But I've never really been ashamed of my sexuality

4. Snowy

Snowy Guest

Twice. One person asked it when we were working on a project together.. in front of two other people.

The other time, this girl asked it because I said that I hadn't been in a relationship before in response to her other question.. sigh. Forever alone..

5. MariRawr

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I got called a lesbian before. But it was meant as an insult. And said for completely wrong reasons.
    Long story short: Few guys in my old class thought they were hot shots. One tried to flirt with me. I made it clear I wasn't in for that but wouldn't mind being friends. Aaand I got called a dyke for rejecting him and his ~totally awesome handsome goodness~.
    Quite funny that at the time I didn't even know I was gay yet. That was when I was still 13. After I actually figured it out, nobody has ever accused me of it anymore. Oh the irony.

6. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes many times by my brother and his friends. They don't know the truth though :wink:

7. all the time lol.

my friends caught on or had some kind of idea before i dated another women openly to them. i never said i was gay though.... i didnt feel it nessecary. but they always just 'knew' so when i said i had a girlfriend they just said 'we know youre so gay anyways'.
    lol.

8. fireworks

fireworks Guest

Noone could ever have suspected a thing.

Except maybe my bro, as I always got really touchy when the subject of LGBT came up.
    I remember once, before I even fully understood that I was gay, I went off in a strop after a harmless slur was made about someone, feeling a lot more hurt than made much sense to me. My brother then told me he thought I was gay. This was yeeeaaars ago. I just went off in an even bigger strop :3

9. WonderEgg

Quite a few have, considering I don't play sports, most of my friends are girls, and I'm not so concerned with machismo or expressing my toughness like most boys my age are. And, although I'm gay, I don't like changing in front of other guys, or watching them change.

10. sol4r

sol4r Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hmm, I remember once my grandma was with me at dinner and she said something to the effect of "at least you're not a lezzy" while I was texting/flirting with a girl where she couldn't see my phone. Ohhh the irony.

11. Lebowski45

Never. Not to my face anyway.

Nobody ever suspects me of being gay and it's freakin' annoying! :tantrum:

Apparently I'm the "straightest" gay ever :icon_sad: :lol:

12. heaven

I feel you i even changed schools to avoid that! But it dint work people kept calling me gay even though im not feminin and i have guy friends wich are not many but i have!

13. Obsidian

I have been asked, mostly in junior high, and once in sophomore year of high school.

14. wiggy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Many times by my mum. It's getting more frequent (at least 4 times this week) as she keeps bringing up the topic of "when are you going to get a girlfriend", and when I bluff through it or ignore her, she asks if i'm gay or something along those lines... I don't think it will be long now before I tell her :confused:

15. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, other people tried to drag me out of the closet before my time.

16. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah, people have been speculating about my sexuality since my late teens. They think it's because I have no interest in girls (and surprise! They're right)

17. pitabread514

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oddly but one of my old girlfriends many years ago suggested that to me.

I never even knew myself back then.

18. WallyO

My mom and sister were shocked when i told them, and my stepmom and father had an idea, but weren't sure. None of my friends suspected it, and none of my colleagues have a clue, or at least pretend not to. Its so weird when people don't know, i feel like my actions and ideals scream GAY all day long.

19. Fae

Fae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Almost all of my friends have accused me of being gay at least once. Most more. And then there's my relatives. And complete strangers. I guess I must just be very easy to read? I doubt anyone's going to be shocked when I tell them, even if I've been adamantly denying it since forever.

A friend's partner even went out of his way to corner me at a party, where I think he assumed my inhibitions would be lowered, and ask me about it then. Luckily I'm not a big drinker, so any drunken coming-outs were easily avoided.

20. MadHatter

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh boy, all the time :|
    I say it would have started around 4th grade, when people started calling me a girl- and that was.. not very fun :/ Then it moved onto gay, but then in year 7- when I was pretty much used to it- it changed to fag...
    I thought that it was because I had more female friends, and because I never played any sport at all; I even thought that it would change when I got to high school- it didn't..
    When they called me gay, I would tell them that I wasn't, but they would demand that I was wrong and they were right. It wasn't a very good feeling, to be honest :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Oh, I'm rambling :grin: To answer your question- yes, they do call me gay.