1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you been accused of being gay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mes1995, Jul 10, 2012.

1. mes1995

if you're not out yet has anyone ever accused you of being gay?
    if you are out did anyone one suspect it before you came out?

i've been accused of being a lesbian a lot im not butch or anything but it seems like some people can read me, when i gather the courage to come out i think it will be 50/50 some will be really surprised and some wont

2. lazyboy

lazyboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sure, I've been accused. I'm gay, but I'm not femmy, I don't like any of the stereotypical stuff, and I don't advertise.

However, not having a girlfriend EVER tends to make a few people wonder.

3. Bi As A Kite

When I told my crush what I thought of him he said he had a feeling I wasn't straight.

Aside from that, ever now and then my dad'll call me a poof or something purely as a joke - he'd shit if he knew exactly what he was implying. But he also invented the term 'todger tinkler', which was absolutely genius wordplay.

4. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, never. Or, well, that is not counting people on EC ;p

Yes, the two friends I came out to already knew, but that's probably because we all live together, including my bf.. I guess a relationship is kinda hard to miss even if you try to hide it.

#4 justinf, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  5. IrisM

Quite a lot when I was in my school years. I was beaten up a lot of times too.

6. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm out to some people. Some suspected before I was out. A friend called me a lesbian in a snappy tone because I was 12 and hadn't kissed a boy or had a boyfriend. Then at 16 everyone suspected because of a friendship I had. Now, people either suspect or know.

7. sanguine

yea this wanna be gansta though, we were 14 and he was calling me and my friends gay for playing yugioh LMAO, it wasnt funny at the time though, and it made me realise that one day I probably may come out and that would prove him right, but it was ok though, my brother heard about it and threatened to kick his ass if he ever came near us again, and obviously he never bothered me for the rest of my high school years

8. Catkin

Yeah I have been. I've gotten asked a few times (mainly because quite a few of my friends are gay). The only time it really bothered me though was when I got interrogated at a party by some guy who I had just met (he was gay and out), who asked me really loudly in front of loads of my friends. When I said I wasn't a lesbian he asked me again,...and then asked me if I was in the closet.

9. BurritoQueer

I'm constantly accused of being gay. I'm closeted. But alot of my school thinks I'm gay because a few people thought I was and they told some people... Anyway now my year and other year levels believe I'm gay. Either that or wonder if I actually am gay.

My two bestfriends may be females and we can hold hands and cuddle in public so that may be what started this?
    I'm not good at making guy friends either..
    I'm not in to sport. Which people can see.
    - Any of these reasons could be why people accuse me of being gay.

10. DanA

Lol, I was told by one of my coworkers that she thought I was gay for the first two months she was there. She said it was because of how I talk when I'm excited about something :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Every day in school since 5th grade ^,^

12. EarthIntruder

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No, but I know that people probably think I am all the time!

13. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

My stepdad called me and my best friend "lezbos" for about a year until he found proof I was gay. Now he just calls us "fucking homos" since I'm with her.

My brothers asked me about it. I said no, but when I came out, they both said they had known for a looong time.

Also one guy in the Drill Team casually brought it up trying to figure it out.

So a lot of people knew we were in love with each other before either of us came to terms with it, and the guys in my family knew I was gay since forever.

14. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My last ex and I grew very sexually dependent upon each other, and after we broke up we continued sleeping together until we found new dates. She told her (female) friends when introducing me at the time that I was just her 'gay friend' so that none of them would develop a crush on me and steal me away before she could find someone on her own.

I played along because I'm a team player, and sometimes it's fun being the 'gay friend'.

15. Derpette

I was accused 2-3 years ago of being a lesbian by two girls I didn't, well, still don't like. I wonder how did it occur to them even before I knew it, interesting.

I almost forgot, I remember my mother asked me a few times, but it was always when the lgbt subject was brought up. It was always something like "You're not a queer too?" or "I hope that at least you are normal."

#15 Derpette, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  16. IrisM

To Derpette, It's possibly that the self is the comforting normal that we are used to. It's in part by seeing ourselves in comparison to others that makes the things about us that are not the same more apparent.

All through my childhood and into my adult life I was called female names, at first it upset me, but once I looked inside and came to terms I'd just smile and think 'If only they knew.'

17. Fumi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Only a couple of times, but one of those was a very WTF moment, and I wasn't even sure I was gay at that moment.
    I was talking with two classmates at school, and out of the blue one of them said: "I'm gonna sing your song, Fumi", and started singing a song called "Making love to a different man" (yes, that song exists); my other classmate was like "OMG Fumi, are you gay", and I was so shocked that for a moment, I didn't know what to say.
    It was a weird moment because I never joked with them, let alone make fun of each other.

18. Gallatin

I was asked one time when I was in high school by some girl I barely knew if I was gay. I think she asked because my best friend (a guy) and I were inseparable during high school. Nobody ever really suspects or asks.

19. Neutrality

I've been acused of it a good bit before I was out..Like other's who posted I'm not feminine or anything, it was just that I'm not bad look and have good social skills but, have never had a girlfriend even though people have seen me asked a lot. "She just wasn't my type" only works for so many thpes of girls before they start to wonder if. Your type has a penis =O

20. Bassbolt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For half a year, someone thought that it was common knowledge that I was gay. She thought that everybody already knew and that it was just kind of an unspoken thing.