1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have a much happier life now

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by leslie, Aug 30, 2016.

1. leslie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I have a much happier life now and no regrets deciding to transition 4 years ago.I knew as a child that I had feelings that I was really a girl.I tried to suppress the feelings doing what guys do and the feelings came back 4 years ago.That is when knowing I needed to go through the transition and did start.It was the best decision I made.Hard part was coming out,dad did not want a thing with me at first and did work things out with him.My mom,it took her a year coming to terms I was always this way.Work,it was a shock and quickly adjusted to the changes.My transition,I learned very well when I was on the estrogen and male hormone blockers.I was emotional and knew it was the hormones.I did have the surgeries as well,the FFS including the trachea shave and breast augmentation.I say the best part was having the GRS in December of 2015,was glad my old male parts were gone.My confidence even came out more after the GRS was done.I even can look in the mirror nude now.Love my new life as female and have moved on with my life.

2. Mr B

That's an amazing story, I hope you will keep doing so well. I initially started questioning my sexual orientation, but now I am also questioning my gender identity and I think part of what I mistakenly thought it had to do with being 'gay' could in fact be due to a gender issue. I can remember some episodes from childhood, like get getting exited about putting on my mums lipsticks, headbands, high heels and stuff. I can also remember on one occasion getting exited about sitting down to pee 'as girl' on one occasion. Also, used to secretely put on one of mums dresses sometimes and tights. I also had this thought sometimes that something went 'wrong' and I was meant to be a girl, but later, I think I sort of repressed it and tried to be the stereotypical guy for years. Now, at my age with kids and everything, I have no clue as to what to do, I would love to explore this and see how deep the water really is, but in my circumstances, it is virtually impossible. On the other hand, there is the fear of breaking my family apart for a mirage, if there is nothing there after all. No one to talk to apart from my therapist, who is brilliant btw.

3. leslie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I am still doing so well and my kids say I am still a great parent.Have a 17 year old son and 15 year old daughter that still call me dad or call me Leslie.

4. Adray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good for you, Leslie! Be you, be awesome.