1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has HRT had an impact on your sexuality?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by meme queen, May 31, 2019.

1. meme queen

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So i’m mtf pre everything and i’m bisexual but lean more towards females. A question i was wondering is has taking hormones had an impact on who you like. For example you may have liked guys before but taking hormones made you like girls or the other way around?

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven’t heard of hormones changing anyone’s sexuality. More often than not it makes you more comfortable with yourself so you are better able to understand your own sexuality. When I started taking testosterone my libido skyrocketed and it made it much more apparent than before that I was gay. Not that I wasn’t gay before, I just hadn’t been comfortable enough with myself or used to how the hormones would effect me. Also I passed a lot more having been on hormones and finally began to see myself and my body as male in the relationship.

BradThePug and alwaysforever like this.
  3. Flynn S

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A good number of people report a shift in sexuality after starting hormones, but I don't think they cause sexuality to change. There's a couple theories for why that is but I think for most people it's because they are more comfortable in their bodies. In my case I realized I was attracted to women after starting hrt because being read as male allowed me to shed some of the shame I felt for liking women, which I had been subconsciously repressing.

4. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was a repressed bisexual person before, I consciously knew I was bi but rejected it because I didn't want to be. Now I'm open about being bisexual, to myself, but since I'm happily married and not interested in cheating and we don't have a poly/open relationship, I can only acknowledge it, not act on it.

Mostly what HRT does is allows you to be yourself so you can accept what was already there. It is very rare that it changes your sexuality, usually it can only reveal what it really is.