1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

has anyone paid for a dating site/app? (no specifics)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mysteria, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Mysteria

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Without going into specifics, I want to know if you paid for a dating site/app and if you did, was it worth the money.

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I considered it, but I didn't find it worth it as you probably won't be on there for long, anyway.

3. Yes. Paid off cuz I got my bf from it HAHA

4. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I've paid for membership on a dating site, but it was a total waste of money because I didn't stay on there longer than a month. I deleted my profile because the only interest I got was from creeps or from people I didn't fancy speaking to.

5. CozyToes

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have signed up for a dating site but have not paid for all the extras - like actually receiving messages. Excellent post & am also interested to read other peoples experiences.

6. photoguy93

I'm considering it. I've been on multiple free sites - "hookup" oriented and not - and nothing seems to work. I wonder if people on the paid sites are more serious?

It's hard because I feel like online is such a big ticket. :/

7. Shygayguy1

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been on several & paid for some.....but all hetero. Trouble is I paid for them & then almost totally ignored them without even considering why so a total waste of money. I'm paid up on one now but seriously thinking of changing my profile to a gay one to see if that gets any attention now that I've finally realised that's what I'm after.

8. PugNinja

PugNinja Guest

I paid then left soon after , I tend to find all the men the same .. Same conversations ,same lies ..as I am pretty introverted ,I would ignore a lot of bizarre messages.. Some were so lonely they actually beg you to contact as well as a essay.. Get a lot of hook upping ..

9. azzi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nope, i havent joined yet any yet i think

10. JaimeGaye

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have belonged to two different sites and had the same outcomes of no contacts that were seriously interested in dating for compatibility & sexual suitability.
    While I had quite a few hits and interesting conversations my interested parties would end up being married bisexual men looking for a fast and none too personal trick or a lesbians wishing to date/go out but admitting they were hoping to portray as the strong independent dyke type keeping me nearby as the in the shadows just in case it goes south gay male bodyguard.
    If you do enjoy "Interesting" conversations with some really perverted and sometimes downright freaky creepy people in a fairly safe environment I can tell you that paying for a full access membership can be worth it short term for the entertainment value alone.

11. Elendil

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Signed up for one, but didn't pay for full membership. I ended up deleting my account after a couple months because I didn't like how it felt like I was "shopping" for guys; like you're on Amazon trying to pick between this and that item. That and the guys that kept messaging me were only interested in quick hookups.

12. Rvnt

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I did, a major one. and for a 6 month membership that was auto renewed without my permission because they had my card.
    I got few replies, and when I started to dig a little deeper into site reviews, I found out that this site had a lot of fake profiles on it. Also, it had a lot of profiles of members who were neither active or interested. For all I know, and its has been a year, they are still posting my profile. The good thing is that I filed a claim with my credit card company and I did get my money back. But, I have to say that the lack of response from others may me question my being attractive to anyone else, when it probably was just the about reasons.

So, please, before you pay: Do Your Homework

13. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I joined a free dating site and met my husband on it. I don't think you should have to pay for these things but that's just me.

14. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm not looking for a boyfriend right now but if I were I would consider paying for a better app/site, but that's mainly because I live in a poor country.