1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone else read A Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes yet??

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by La Corbeau, May 28, 2020.

1. La Corbeau

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know it's only been out for like a week but it was good! So very good!! Have you read it, and what are your thoughts on it if you have?

2. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got the Audiobook Version of it.
    *SPOILERS FOR PLOT DETAILS FOLLOW*

I loved it. I loved how there are certain aspects of the Games that are new to the Games as of the 10th(Mentors/Sponsors/Interviews), some aspects that are no longer done by the time we pick up in the 74th/75th games(the not feeding the tributes before the Games or the reusing of the Arenas).
    Following the Games, the fallout of the actions of Sejanus and Coriolanus both before and during that games was very well done. And the events in 12 after the Games while they are both there as Peacekeepers, it shows us that even as a teenager, Coriolanus had the makings of the man he would eventually become by the 50th Hunger Games.

3. La Corbeau

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know, right?? It was interesting to see how the Games developed, and how Coriolanus's experiences shaped the leader he became.
    I also thought it was funny that he had this perfect life set out with Lucy Gray where he could live with her forever and find the people from the north and never have to see the Capitol again and literally two hours in he just went, "No. I cannot live in the woods. I hate this so much," and left (I mean, Lucy Gray did go a little crazy and run off, but he would have left on his own anyway).